Any Lefties out there ?

Wom 27

Elite Member
Is it alright to say Lefty? I know in these times it may be Righty challenged or transfingered ! Anyway, had carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand some six weeks ago and had my right done on Monday. I passed a totlot and I always have my detecter so I gave it a try. How Ungainly! I have a new found respect for those swinging left. It's going to be a long long recovery :saywhat:

I'm right handed but swing with my left. When playing baseball I pitched right but batted left.. it just felt better.

I switch hands digging with my right though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a lefty. Swing almost exclusively with the left.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I'm right handed but swing with my left. When playing baseball I pitched right but batted left.. it just felt better.

I switch hands digging with my right though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm also right handed but swing left handed it feels strange now to swing the detector with my right hand

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am a lefty but swing righty. The only other thing I do with my right hand is knit but otherwise I am a lefty thru and thru!

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

I had to learn how to swing leftie after I completely tore out my right shoulder, lost the head of the bicep after surgery and couldn't support the swing. Now it's just normal to be a leftie swinger. And it has some advantages. I now have my primary hand available for pinpointing, probing, and everything else.
It works for me!

I'm ambidextrous (mostly write right-handed, but do artwork and steering with the left) so I take turns.

Usually I'll go for about an hour swinging right and digging left and then switch, and an hour and switch again.

It's good because I'm scrawny, so if I only swung with one side all the time I'd tire out faster and probably start having mismatched arms eventually.

Curiously, most of my best jewelry finds have come when I was swinging left. Most of my best clad finds happened while swinging right. Of course the pulltabs have no preference- they come in droves no matter what I do.

I had to learn how to swing leftie after I completely tore out my right shoulder, lost the head of the bicep after surgery and couldn't support the swing. Now it's just normal to be a leftie swinger. And it has some advantages. I now have my primary hand available for pinpointing, probing, and everything else.
It works for me!

That gives me hope .my right shoulder is going downhill fast :lol:

Another lefty here. I do everything with my left hand except eat. Eating a steak is an advantage for me. I don't have to switch the fork to my left hand, pick up the knife with my right hand, hold the steak stationary with my left hand while cutting with my right hand, put down the knife while switching the fork to my right hand and then use the fork to eat the piece of steak.

I swing with my left hand but can switch to my right hand for awhile in order to rest my left arm.

I'm a lefty almost exclusively. I kick with my left foot and am left eye dominant, so I shoot left handed. I will only use my right hand to swing if my back gives out and that just to rest the left side. My right hand throws like a girl, lol. Sorry girls no offense.

I'm all jacked up. Write left handed. Throw/bat/catch right handed. Fish left handed. MD left handed. I can kick with either foot. I can shoot pool or play darts with either hand. I mouse with my left hand.

BCD

I always swing with my right hand. Half a year ago my right shoulder was very painful so I couldn't swing with my right arm, but I still wanted to go m'ding, so I tried my left hand and it wasn't too bad actually!

Because I'm using Minelab, I trade off. Sometimes I swing my unit right-handed, sometimes left. Sometimes both hands.

I'm another AmbiDex chiming in...dominant eye is Left, yet I do all sorts of things ambidex...Archery, Baseball, Golf, writing...a complete mishmash with no rhyme or reason it seems...As far as Detecting goes, I swing my rig as any normal righty would...Although, I punch hard, and can throw a knife/screwdriver/lesche/hatchet very accurately and with some power with my dominant left...so in this regards, it works for me...:yes:

I'm another AmbiDex chiming in...dominant eye is Left, yet I do all sorts of things ambidex...Archery, Baseball, Golf, writing...a complete mishmash with no rhyme or reason it seems...As far as Detecting goes, I swing my rig as any normal righty would...Although, I punch hard, and can throw a knife/screwdriver/lesche/hatchet very accurately and with some power with my dominant left...so in this regards, it works for me...:yes:

How do you determine you have a dominant eye? Didn't know there was such a thing. So does that mean we have a dominant ear?

How do you determine you have a dominant eye? Didn't know there was such a thing. So does that mean we have a dominant ear?

Everyone has a Dominant eye!...Its easy to discover how you are wired, without going into such simple detail...Just Google it...

And yes...My Dominant ear is the one furthest away from my Wife..She will verify if needed...FWIW there could also be such a thing as a Dominant Nostril even?...My Wife has one, and it seems to be on the side of her head closest to me whenever I gently phart in bed while she is sleeping ....she also has a Dominant fist I have discovered, and the two seem to be linked reflexively, with no aforethought or malice....much like a dominant eye is linked to an instinctive shooter... Even after 38yrs together, I dont dare attempt to pull a 'Dutch Oven' on Her...Granted, Its fun to think about, but I do not think I would survive to see the Sunrise.....:laughing:

Like I said, I was born a 'Left Eye Dominant AmbiDex'..essentially that means, unlike most Politicians, I actually CAN find my @ss with both hands!:laughing:

You also got a dominant leg even..contrary to popular belief, its not that weak little shorty in the middle, its the one you wear a shoe on and kick a football with...although, that little shorty sure does have dominion over a fellow....thinking back..all these years...that damn little guy has really been running the show all along! Never once kicked a football or threw a hatchet! I doubt he could cast a shadow even! Outsmarted here once again!!:laughing:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom