Any Lefties out there ?

I'm a Southpaw! Detect, shoot, throw, bat, write lefty, but kick right. Left eye dominate. Bunch of us in my family -- me, wife, son, my dad, and his mom

I'm a lefty and detect exclusively with my left hand. When playing ball I throw left handed but bat right handed. Back when I played a little golf I swung right handed and when I was in the service I shot my weapon right handed.

Just start slow and you'll get the feel for it. In the "old" days (late 70's early 80's) with the anchor heavy White's, you had to go both sides or your hunt was cut short by pain!!! You'll get the hang of it!

Had a broken wrist in H.S. had to learn to do a lot left handed... still very right handed in every aspect of life... but I have bad shoulders so I tend to swing the detector right and left handed. (I started to say I swing both ways and caught myself... you can't even make a statement like that at seminary and not expect a razzing)

Anyway, I think being able to do both is helping strengthen both shoulders and lets me have longer hunts... which i'm happy about and the wife isn't. :roll:

I'm a lefty in just about everything. As mentioned above I can carry my pinpointer in my right hand while my left swings. I can put a key in the ignition with my right hand, out of necessity. And wrap it around a fork well enough to hold a piece of meat still on the plate while I cut with my left. I have learned over the years to use a computer mouse with the right hand.

I thinks it's a lot easier for lefties to learn to do things right-handed since we live primarily in a right-handed world than it is for righties to learn to do something left-handed. We (lefties) have had to make adjustments all our lives.

10% of the population is left-handed.
20 percent of people with schizophrenia dominantly use their left hands.
4 of the last 7 US Presidents are left-handed.
30% of the population of prisons are left-handed.

Back
Top Bottom