ENDED Wanderer's Gathering Pouch Give Away!

Civil War memorial

Some years back I was detecting an old ranch that was the site of an Civil War fort. It was great, digging many bullets, buttons and misc things. One item that held my feelings for it was an 1838 seated dime. Ordinarily, it would be unremarkable except this one had a hole in it for wearing on a necklace. If you take the year 1838 and and subtract it from the middle of the war, 1864, you get 26.

Now for a soldier to wear this it must have been a sweet heart's age or a wife's age. Either way it was very important. Today I still wear this dime on my key chain in memorial to them.

1838dime.jpg

Steve in so la

And the winners are...

Looks like mudpuppy and tellurien are the winners of the Wanderer's Gathering Pouches.

I will send a PM to get shipping addresses.

Thanks for playing along. I hope you guys enjoy your canvas pouch as much I'm enjoying mine.

If you didn't win, but would like to try one of the pouches, the link to the website is posted in the opening post of this thread. If you order, be sure to mention you saw the pouch on Friendly Metal Detecting Forum.

Looks like mudpuppy and tellurian are the winners of the Wanderer's Gathering Pouches.

Thanks for playing along. I hope you guys enjoy your canvas pouch as much I'm enjoying mine.

If you didn't win, but would like to try one of the pouches, the link to the website is posted in the opening post of this thread. If you order, be sure to mention you saw the pouch on Friendly Metal Detecting Forum.

That is so very exciting. Happy Birthday to me!!!! You guys are awesome!!

My favorite hunt was with my son.

I was on a old ranch and we were digging relics from the early 1800's and having a blast. But we decided to pan some dirt. So I found a cut a recent rain washed out and we got some dirt out of the bottom. I was so surprised to see gold in the pan when my son finally worked it down. That will be a day I will never forget.

Looks like mudpuppy and tellurian are the winners of the Wanderer's Gathering Pouches.

Yeah! Thanks for putting this together Ozark...and please thank the vendor for participating here as well! Ya'll didnt have to, so Good on Ya for making this happen! It was a lot of effort on both of your parts, and we all had fun!
Mud

Back
Top Bottom