Need a 2nd detector, advice needed

TheCoilist

Elite Member
Okay, so went to the beach this weekend, didn't find a lot because well, beaches in TX aren't known for much other than gulf packed sand and trash. But anyway the GF took the detector out for a spin and she was digging up and bringing back everything she found from the 6" dunes we have on galveston. LOL

Anyway she fell in love with finding things. Currently, we have an Ace 250, but I am thinking of handing that down to her, and grabbing up another detector for myself.

Here's what we hunt mostly.
Tot Lots
Fields and the ground is quite hard!!
Some beaches

I would like the detector to be multi-purpose and with waterproof coil for maybe saltwater type beach hunts. No deeper than knee depth.

Any advice?? Not looking to spend a ton, maybe between say 400 - 600? Less is ok too.

I like the Garrett products, and I guess after reading the specs on the detectors I am looking for user opinions because I can't really make up my mind. I mean there are a lot of people saying to go with a "whites" some say "fisher" and some are saying garrett. I don't know which is "best" for such a budget and which works best in the field geared towards my desires.

What's so special about the AT Pro?

LOL nevermind, I answered my own question. I don't know how I missed this in my research. Looks like I am sold! :)

That's going to be my next primary goal unless something better comes along before then.

Back
Top Bottom