• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

newbie saying.. Hi

LatheMan888

Hello Everyone.
I'm a newbie with champagne taste and a beer budget. Am looking for a solid all around detector, dry and wet conditions. I've been reading this forum for a few days now trying to pick up some info from all of you friendly, knowledgeable people. I've got it in my head that a waterproof detector is what I want for my first. It rains lots here in Florida in the summer and I'd like to not have to worry about getting the control box wet and ending up with a piece of junk. Also, never know when I might slip while exploring the shallow edge of a lake or ocean tidal pool. I understand the logic of starting off with a lower level detector to see if you like the hobby, but right off my concern is that the lower level detector will leave me with an unfair opinion about the hobby.
Looks like I may have to just wait until I can afford an $800 Whites Beach Hunter or maybe a $700 PI Pro if I want to dig everything, all the time. I've seen several comments that say you have to do just that anyway to find the rings that appear to be pulltabs. Looking forward to someday coming here with pics and stories of some fun finds.
Ed =)

Go with the PI Pro for your use. I sell them less than reatial if you're interested. Please let mek know if you need any more help. :yes:

Thanks for the welcome and the advice guys. I was even thinking of rolling up and cashing in my loose change, and maybe using that to buy the detector. Kinda funny, huh, using loose change to buy something to go out and find more loose change. :lol:
Ed

LatheMan888 said:
Thanks for the welcome and the advice guys. I was even thinking of rolling up and cashing in my loose change, and maybe using that to buy the detector. Kinda funny, huh, using loose change to buy something to go out and find more loose change. :lol:
Ed

Makes perfect sense to me! HaHa! Welcome Ed.

LatheMan888 said:
Ed

Jeez, that's funny! I never thought of it that way. :lol: You're already starting off on the right foot by being on this forum, and your opinion on not getting a lesser unit. I would go with the PI. I would talk to Tony (off line) and tell him exactly what you are wanting, and planing. He (or any reputable dealer) can fit you to a machine that will be best for you. We are biased towards Tony though. He's a nice guy and gives good deals to fellow forum people. Let us know what you get. Looking forward to reading your posts of your finds! Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom