Which White's To Buy???

The Rebel

Forum Supporter
Hi All.

I've got my eye on upgrading seeing that I'm definately hooked & I'm looking for some advice.

I could search all of the online reviews but I'd like to get some input from my fellow friends here.

I know that the V3i is an incredible machine but out of my $ range @ $1500+

What are the pro's / con's you've found of the machines you're using?

I'd be searching for mostly coins but also relics & jewelry in fields, woods & very occassionly the beach in wet/dry sand (Not looking to go wadeing).

Thanks in advance,
The Rebel

I really enjoy using my DFX. Why? Versatile, Quality, Dependable. Once you get through the learning curve with this machine. You will not find another machine like it. I've seen people that have owned the DFX and sold it or traded for another machine only to go back to it. I have seen others keep the DFX and use another machine only to go back to the DFX or back and forth.
Look around at the amount of forum members that own/have owned one. I can't convince you to buy this machine and I won't even try. If this is your first machine. Don't buy it! Buy something else to start with. Maybe the MXT! From what I have seen the MXT is an awesome machine. Easy to learn, simple to operate, effective in every way that you described
searching for mostly coins but also relics & jewelry in fields, woods & very occassionly the beach in wet/dry sand (Not looking to go wadeing).
Not to mention resale value if you decide that metal detecting isn't your thing. <--- Sorry, I should have read your profile first!

Hey Rebel An MXT would do great for you as it is a very versitile detector.....Pinpointing is very good and you can run it pretty hot and has great depth........It's a noisy detector that like's to sing out loud but can be tamed quick....Buddy of mine got one a month ago and has found over 300 coins since and some being silver.....great choice..

Thats a nice offer Thanks. At this point I;m still researching as well as saving up to upgrade in about a year. What are you upgrading to?

I love my MXT, much better than the el cheapo BH 202 I was using. Night and day difference. I love the pin pointing and the extreme depth.

The DFX is a great machine, and was 'top of the line' until the V3 was introduced. It is easy to use 'out of the box' and then is also totally programmable (that is where the real learning curve comes in). They can be purchased for reasonable prices now since many are upgrading to the V3. I recommend buying one as local as possible or from a forum member if you do not buy new (always my first choice, but I have bought used machines that I am very happy with - right here on this forum). It will do all you want and more. Good luck, RickO

dfx & v3

and may be the explorer se and the e-trac also, are all great machines. I think.:roll:

But what I need (and still own) is a detector, which is tweaked by a turn of a pot and switching a toggle, to it's best performance in the area I'm going to hunt. I like to dig some stuff and not to tweak a machine to death.

And you cann't tell me, you get the most of a v3 after fiddeling 3 minutes.

And someone mentioned in this forum: You'll know you dfx is tweaked properly when he's doing like an MXT.:D

So, that is what I rate the detectors I own over the state of the art flagships (or former flagships).

The Tesoro DeLeón is a very good detector. May be not the best for the beach, but there is also the Cortes with manual geound balance.
The MXT can be a goo choice, too. But it can be frustrating at wet saltwater beaches. Think the M6 will do better there.

From the Fisher Lab's I'd always go for a CZ. Those 2-frequency machines are very easy to set up and are doing great, even at the beach.

Now it's on you to decide what your needs are.:lol:

IMHO

Normally I wouldn't do this, but the lack of response by White's forum lurker here has heavily influenced my decision to share this with you.

I just recently got what I feel like was burned by purchasing a TDI and having a TDI Pro come out the very next day. I would not want anyone else to have to go through the same thing.

My loyalty meter towards White's Electronics has been going down since White's decided to charge their biggest and most loyal fan base a $100 upgrade fee for being the first in line in supporting the company with the purchase of the White's Vision and later V3.

As I mentioned in the first line I would not under normal circumstances do this, but I feel like recent events are having a direct influence on my decision making as of currently.

My Uncle is friends with one of the biggest online White's dealers in the Western US. This comes straight from the horses mouth and I've known for some time now.

If you are serious about buying a White's MXT or just find an uncontrollable urge to buy a new White's machine this year I've got six letters for you.

M X T P R O

This machine has two names with the above being the most likely winner of the two.

It was due to release, but release was haulted to add on some last minute changes for gold hunters.

It will have a backlight with buttons on the screen much like the V3 and DFX and a few more features that I will keep to myself.

I'm sure as my loyalty meter continues to drop I'll be able to share more tips with you guys in the future, but for right now I'll let you guys chew on this for a while.

Don't be dismayed by local dealers that have no idea about such a model. My local dealer has been with the company for years and said he didn't know anything about the TDI Pro or a M X T P R O. That was just a week before the TDI Pro released.

You can bet the farm and rest assured though.

The M X T P R O is real and it's a Fact.

Normally I wouldn't do this, but the lack of response by White's forum lurker here has heavily influenced my decision to share this with you.

I just recently got what I feel like was burned by purchasing a TDI and having a TDI Pro come out the very next day. I would not want anyone else to have to go through the same thing.

My loyalty meter towards White's Electronics has been going down since White's decided to charge their biggest and most loyal fan base a $100 upgrade fee for being the first in line in supporting the company with the purchase of the White's Vision and later V3.

As I mentioned in the first line I would not under normal circumstances do this, but I feel like recent events are having a direct influence on my decision making as of currently.

My Uncle is friends with one of the biggest online White's dealers in the Western US. This comes straight from the horses mouth and I've known for some time now.

If you are serious about buying a White's MXT or just find an uncontrollable urge to buy a new White's machine this year I've got six letters for you.

M X T P R O

This machine has two names with the above being the most likely winner of the two.

It was due to release, but release was haulted to add on some last minute changes for gold hunters.

It will have a backlight with buttons on the screen much like the V3 and DFX and a few more features that I will keep to myself.

I'm sure as my loyalty meter continues to drop I'll be able to share more tips with you guys in the future, but for right now I'll let you guys chew on this for a while.

Don't be dismayed by local dealers that have no idea about such a model. My local dealer has been with the company for years and said he didn't know anything about the TDI Pro or a M X T P R O. That was just a week before the TDI Pro released.

You can bet the farm and rest assured though.

The M X T P R O is real and it's a Fact.

I'm really not the kind of guy that spills beans, but I shouldn't have to beg for help either.

For the record. I hate being ignored.

Well that sounds great and I hope it is true. But please tell me that one of the Pro upgrades is not the addition of the D2 coil. I am in a holding pattern as to which new machine to buy. I would like to see an MXTPro...

No, as far as right now it'll come with the 9.5'' Concentric.

Believe me Diggler the M X T P R O is real. 100% I wouldn't lie to you about that, no way.

Back
Top Bottom