I nearly fell over backwards!

bodkin

Elite Member
Hello to all!

With all the rain we've had here in the U.K. over the last week, I decided to let the downpours wash my detecting scrap, This morning it was sparkling clean! There is only one thing to do in these circumstances...... Weigh it in. The lead had been separated from the brass, copper and bronze and I was told how much it was worth, I nearly fell over backwards!! This was about two years worth of junk. Where there is muck, there is brass :wow: Well worth recycling you junk metals :D

Attachments

• rsz_dscf5733.jpg
    rsz_dscf5733.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 588
Good idea. I have buckets of those items on my back porch that I have been meaning to go through and take in myself .

Nice cash-in!

Scrap metal adds up fast. Just make sure if you dig electrical wire that may still have coating on it, don't burn it off. It will be rejected by the scrappers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I never saved my lead, looks like ill have to start doing so :wow: I usually bring in a 5lb bucket or so of brass at a time, usually gets me between 30-50$ USD. Nice haul!

I never saved my lead, looks like ill have to start doing so :wow: I usually bring in a 5lb bucket or so of brass at a time, usually gets me between 30-50$ USD. Nice haul!

You gotta dig it out anyway and you are paid for your recycling. For me, it is a win win situation - and we clean up the environment a little perhaps?

Whoa... I had NO idea Brass was so valuable. I'll bet I toss 30# of brass every year. Lots of sprinkler fittings get found by me... :(

Going to be holding onto it, now!!!

Whoa... I had NO idea Brass was so valuable. I'll bet I toss 30# of brass every year. Lots of sprinkler fittings get found by me... :(

Going to be holding onto it, now!!!

Yup copper too, but they usually count the whole bucket as brass because its not what they consider "clean". If you actually went through and seperated the copper from the brass, you could actually make more than that.

Back
Top Bottom