R

dpjacobs81

Hello,

I’m looking into getting my first detector. The primary use would be for my paranormal investigation team, as we are expanding our services into historical research as well as “ghost hunting”. We think having a detector would be advantageous for us to locate possible buried artifacts on properties we’re investigating, etc. I’ve watched a ton of reviews on a few rigs. For my price range I’ve narrowed it down, so to speak, to the ACE 250, F22, Delta 4000, or the GoFind 44.

Not looking to start a Garrett vs Fisher vs MineLab battle. Just looking for honest opinions/recommendations.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

I’m looking into getting my first detector. The primary use would be for my paranormal investigation team, as we are expanding our services into historical research as well as “ghost hunting”. We think having a detector would be advantageous for us to locate possible buried artifacts on properties we’re investigating, etc. I’ve watched a ton of reviews on a few rigs. For my price range I’ve narrowed it down, so to speak, to the ACE 250, F22, Delta 4000, or the GoFind 44.

Not looking to start a Garrett vs Fisher vs MineLab battle. Just looking for honest opinions/recommendations.

Thank you

PM me.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Someone who wants to get into metal detecting, to aid in paranormal ghost hunts. I must admit, this is the first time I think we've ever seen this as the originating kernel of interest for the hobby.

Welcome from Salinas, CA

Someone who wants to get into metal detecting, to aid in paranormal ghost hunts. I must admit, this is the first time I think we've ever seen this as the originating kernel of interest for the hobby.

Welcome from Salinas, CA

If it’s inappropriate for this forum I understand and can remove the post. Sorry

You are in the appropriate place. Ole Tom can be a bit harsh sometimes, so pay him no mind. But I saw an add this past weekend where you could get a Garrett AT (not sure if was the max or an earlier version) but it was a great deal for under $600.

The ones I’m looking at all hover in the $200 range which is what our team can afford at this point sadly.

So, just to be clear, the only machine I had used in your list was the 250.

But, after reading info and personal opinions on these machine I would lean, closer to the F22 or Tecknetics Delta. The Delta probably gets less attention, and maybe that good since people aren't complaining about it.

I've heard much disappointment in the Go Find Series, finding the only real positive thing is the ability to fold up. The 250 is ok, but most including myself move away from that series quickly since the segmented target scale, seems too tight to accurately ID most targets. While sound is king, sometimes having VDI is a great way to assist in target selection.

Which leaves the F22. I've heard much praise for this machines capabilities for the money. Fisher makes some great very effective machines. By the Way Teknetics, is a sister company to Fisher, and many machines mostly resemble one another.

If it’s inappropriate for this forum I understand and can remove the post. Sorry

Not inappropriate. Was just saying that that was the first time I ever recall that being a reason for someone to get into detecting. Ie.: a unique post, so-to-speak.

Definately a different request but detecting artifact at a haunted house wouldn't be any different from a non haunted house. I would suggest something with alot of batteries since I hear ghosts drain them realy fast and EMI in high paranormal areas may cause alot of false readings. :?: Alright, I'll shut up now....

Do you think the Ghosts or spirits will cause EMI problems for the detectors?

Not exactly, however... the possibility of underground pipes, electrical, or previously buried artifacts near the property may effect outcomes. The other thought is the possibility of previously buried artifacts that may have spirit energy attachment.

The other aspect of what we are doing is expanding our scope of practice and doing detecting as a side gig.

For our paranormal team? Yes. Not on me at the moment tho.

Have you personally ever seen a ghost or an ET?
Do you feel you and your team have a gift?

Do you plan to use your detector in the water?
If you only have 200 you may want to save a little while longer and get something better than an ace250. You will probably need to ground balance..

Ghosts? I've heard the term "ghost signals" before but this might put it into a different light. Might need "Grey Ghost" headphones. As for detector choices Fisher F22 and Garrett 250 are both good detectors for the money. Good luck in your search...…………..……………..

Recommendations please

Interesting. I have a friend with a ghost in and at his house supposedly. I even have an interesting video that was caught on his surveillance cam.
I can’t help you on your questions though. Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on both the metal detecting and the ghost detecting.

I run both the F22 and the Delta 4000. Neither of them are bad machine's but the F22 has a smaller coi which does better at separating trash. Neither of them are going to get to "killer depths" Pun intended, but they should do fine for looking for bigger artifacts in clean areas. They're both super sensitive about EMI as Well so maybe that'll be a good thing in this instance lol.

Have you personally ever seen a ghost or an ET?

Do you feel you and your team have a gift?

Do you plan to use your detector in the water?

If you only have 200 you may want to save a little while longer and get something better than an ace250. You will probably need to ground balance..

So would I be better served to go to the $300-$400 range? If so what is a good brand/model?

Thanks

Recommendations please

So would I be better served to go to the $300-$400 range? If so what is a good brand/model?

Thanks

That puts me with the F44, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, and the ACE 400 if I’m not mistaken.

If you can go to the $300 to $400 you are almost at the price of a used AT Pro or a new Teknetics Patriot or a used T2+ G2+/Fisher F19, Makro Racer 2 or even a Whites MX5 or MX7 (one on #$%^& currently for less than $400.) Personally, even though I like the F44/Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro.......they are not deep detectors and they won't detect underground pipes unless they are dangerously shallow. They also are not the fastest at recovery speed or target separation. The Fisher F44, Teknetics G2+, Fisher F19, Makro Racer 2 and the Whites MX5, MX7 all have built in backlights and the Makro Racer 2 even has a built in flashlight (I think?). All of these detectors except for the F44/Bounty Hunter/Delta4000 can get you 8" to 12" of decent depth in mild dirt.

Definitely a valid use of a detector. I often wonder who owned much of the jewelry, relics and junk that I have found and what might be attached to them from long usage especially some of the religious items, knives, ammunition and other weapons I've found???????

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom