My quickest find this year

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
Since all of the cold weather and then rains in the spring, I have been concentrating on new permissions and it paid off.

Got word of my latest permission last night when they said ok to searching a 1900 home site.

Started in the front yard and was just ground balancing and on the first 2-3 swings solid 30 - 31 on my equinox in every direction. About 3 inches down a silver looking ring.

cleaned it up at home and it was stamped sterling14kgf. So it looks like a sterling man's ring with 14k gold filled center band.

What a pleasant surprise. It is like many have said on this forum, it is all about location. Also found about 40 cents in clad, one brass bullet casing and one pop top. Will be hitting this home hard with all all three of my coils. Looks like it has not been searched before.

Attachments

• ringfind (1)small.jpg
    ringfind (1)small.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 275
  • ringfind (3)small.jpg
    ringfind (3)small.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 260
Congrats !!!!!

hopefully you'll find more good stuff, but getting that ring fast at least makes you feel it's worthwhile to keep hunting that area !

That is a cool looking ring. Congratulations.

It is not gold filled there is a thin gold band inlayed in it. I found one similar a few years ago.

I think gold "filled" ... unfortunately ... is akin to "plated". Ie.: has very little actual gold in it :(

Back
Top Bottom