Thanks kellyco...

This type of thing happens with a lot of stuff I buy, from cameras to TVs to computers. Anything with "electronics" in it is subject to a good size markup from the factory, just like jewelry. I was the shop foreman at a lighting company and we charged $12.50 a foot for accent lighting strips. Our material cost was 85 cents and labor ran even less (they were very easy to assemble). Customers paid the shipping.

After a few years, the original owner sold the company and bought an island off the coast of Florida......he was a millionaire many times over.

Dusty

Years ago when I worked at Sears, they had a policy that would refund the difference of the sale price if it went on sale within 30 days of the original purchase. Created a lot of good will, and I think they releaized that the customer might bring it back anyway. Good luck! Curt

Because it was after hours when I posted. I will call them this morning and I will post the results.
I like Kellyco, I understand now that it was minelab that controls the prices. But alot of retailers go out of their way to keep their customers satisfied, I know, we deal with it all the time where I work. I'll give it a shot and no I won't be rude, I'm cool about the situation. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" will come into play I hope.

And

First post here guys so I guess "Hello" to all.

This thread hits a nerve because my Safari shipped from Kellyco yesterday and the price dropped today!! I'd chatted with them (online and by phone) over the last few days as this is my first detector so it would have been nice to be informed of the impending price drop. I guess these things happen so I'll just have to find something valued at $100 to break even. :D

Seriously though, the thing that pissed me the most is that all communication with them before I purchased was timely, I sent an email regarding the price drop and I haven't heard back?!

BobMack and Bailey,

You are correct, it is a Minelab sale that (Kellyco) were made aware of the day of changing the price.

If you will shoot me a PM, I will look up your account and help ya out one way or another, nothing to worry about for sure. We will make it right for you.

Thanks for your business.

Dan

I think Kellyco was afraid that this is the best Metal Detecting Forum on the internet and that they would lose customers if word got out that a member of the Friendly Metal Detecting Forum got a bad deal through them, so they monitor this website and will make sure that they do what they can to please a fellow MDer...

I think Kellyco was afraid that this is the best Metal Detecting Forum on the internet and that they would lose customers if word got out that a member of the Friendly Metal Detecting Forum got a bad deal through them, so they monitor this website and will make sure that they do what they can to please a fellow MDer...

Good theory, we can go with that... It is half right, not sure about the afraid part :D.

We want our customer new and old to be happy and return to shop with us forever. This and other metal detecting forums are where our customer hang out and ask questions so we are here to help.

I don't know if this is "The Best" MD forum but it is the ONLY MD forum I read and belong too :D

As far as Kellyco goes, I don't think that they only took care of the problem because it was posted on here. The best way to have repeat costumers is to take care of them from the start. Sales are only 1/2 the business, costumer service is the other 1/2.

I've been to Kellyco several times and everyone I've dealt with there has been great and so far I haven't had any issues or problems (knock on wood lol).

Just a quick thanks to Dan & Kellyco who have stood by their word, I haven't even received my detector yet but they've refunded me the price drop difference. Great customer service!

Just a quick thanks to Dan & Kellyco who have stood by their word, I haven't even received my detector yet but they've refunded me the price drop difference. Great customer service!

Wow that was fast... we sometimes even amaze me :shock:. Glad the refund came through and hope that you will have your shiny new metal detector soon.

Back
Top Bottom