Used Tesoro

machineman

I am looking at getting a Tesoro. I have seen some used ones for good prices. Is it worth it to by a new one for the warranty? I would like a manual GB but am thinking about a Cibola due to costs.

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with buying a used tesoro from a standing member of a forum or ebay where you get at least a return warranty.
All of my tesoros over the years have been used and I havent had any trouble.Tesoro has a first rate repair department if anything does go wrong.
Even an old tesoro from the 80` can be a great detector.They will surely keep up with the newer tesoro(just heavier) I was watching one on ebay..A tesoro mayan and the thing went for 59.00 It had an anolog meter and a ton of knobs surely one was a ground balance. I fell asleep at the wheel and missed it. but good deals are out there.

It's a good investment-never had a bad Tesoro. BTW, a NEW Compadre can be had for $152-and it's a winner. Wish I had gotten this one first of all my detectors.

If you buy on eBay be sure to check the seller's feedback. I almost bid on a detector yesterday until I saw the complaints about slow shipping.....

Dusty

I hear a lot of times they will honor the warranty even if you are not the original owner if you just send it in. I have never had to send in any of my Tesoros for work before. They don't break too much really.

I am looking at getting a Tesoro. I have seen some used ones for good prices. Is it worth it to by a new one for the warranty?

I also heard they will repair all their old units, warrantied or not, within reason.

I wanted a lifetime warranty for my piece of mind.

Good thing too, my Vaq went bonkers yesterday and quit working.
Seems to be better today, but I have all the packaging info ready just in case.

I also heard they will repair all their old units, warrantied or not, within reason.

I wanted a lifetime warranty for my piece of mind.

Good thing too, my Vaq went bonkers yesterday and quit working.
Seems to be better today, but I have all the packaging info ready just in case.

this is Very True. I just Got my Mayan Back from Rusty Henry the service manager there at Tesoro, It was original my Uncles and is 28 years old, he replaced 13 capicitors, 3 ICM's? and re-tuned the coil and mailed it back to me...Didn;t cost me a dime other then to ship it, Plus he sent me a new battery pack and door that it was missing...Rust Henry of TESORO is the Epitome of Quality Customer Service

Back
Top Bottom