Digital Target ID

40acre1870

Forum Supporter
I own the Ace 250 and it is a great machine, but the deeper I get into the hobby the more I am looking to upgrade.

About a month ago I was sure I would have a new E-trac by next spring, but now I see the AT Pro coming out and I am torn....

I can afford the E-Trac, but my wife frowns at my new hobby (she just doesn't understand) and since she handles the finances :( I would have to explain days on end as to why I need a new detector.

So to keep peace within the home, I was thinking that the AT PRO wouldn't be a bad choice.

Things I am like about the PRO... compared to the 250

1. Better iron descrimination

2. Tapered tones, not the noises I would expect from a pinball machine, like I find with the 250... (people say that the 250 whispers on deeper targets and I beg to differ). I prefere the Pro audio mode compared with the binary audio.

3. The kicker... Digital target ID.

Concerning the digital target ID, between the PRO and E-Trac what is the difference between the 2 digit (PRO) and the 4 digit (E-Trac)?

also what is the difference between running in 6.5 kHz on the 250 compared to the 15 kHz with the PRO?

Thanks everyone, now lets talk.

Mike

The higher Khz are more sensitive on lower conductors like gold, nickle and aluminum. The lower Khz hit harder on higher conductors like silver and copper. The 2 digits you get with the TID on most detectors is the conductivity of the signal. The other 2 numbers on the Etrac is the ferrous number. There are 1750 different FE/CO combination's on the Etrac to help you decide to dig. MUCH more control discussed in great detail in other threads. I had an Ace it there is no comparison. The most important thing is to just get out and dig in good locations. With the Ace you should be able to find enough gold to get an Etrac in a few weeks if you religiously hit a few tot lots a day and dig EVERY signal. But then why would you need an Etrac? :lol:

The higher Khz are more sensitive on lower conductors like gold, nickle and aluminum. The lower Khz hit harder on higher conductors like silver and copper. The 2 digits you get with the TID on most detectors is the conductivity of the signal. The other 2 numbers on the Etrac is the ferrous number. There are 1750 different FE/CO combination's on the Etrac to help you decide to dig. MUCH more control discussed in great detail in other threads. I had an Ace it there is no comparison. The most important thing is to just get out and dig in good locations. With the Ace you should be able to find enough gold to get an Etrac in a few weeks if you religiously hit a few tot lots a day and dig EVERY signal. But then why would you need an Etrac? :lol:

So what you are saying is that the 250 is better for finding small silver coins than the AT PRO "would" be because it works at 6.5 kHz?

Yes. With the same coil it should find silver a tiny bit deeper. But I had a Xterra 305 with 18.75khz coil and it hit on silver plenty deep and hard, but really loved nickels. Really don't know much about the new Garrett though...

Back
Top Bottom