New purchase

Vulture

I now this has been asked many times. But reading some the past posts it's not clear for me. Maybe someone can help.
I'm looking to purchase a MD to look for gold. I would still like the opportunity to find coins at the same time. Can someone point me in the right direction on what brand and model. The majority of detecting would be on a dry surface. My price range is under a thousand. Please bare with me, this is first time posting and my first MD.
Thanks in advance.

As Epi stated the MXT would be a very good gold machine.  As I understand it, it is based on another Whites gold machine.  The nice thing about the MXT is that it has three separate modes: Prospecting, coin and jewelry, and relic mode.  I almost exclusively use it in relic mode when I am coin hunting but have used it in coin and jewelry mode also (preference).  For a multipurpose detector the MXT in my opinion is one of the best and it won't break the bank.

The MXT is a good choice as well as the Minelab Eureka gold. Do you want to search more for the gold or the coins or half and half ? :?:

Hi Vulture, and welcome to the forum. Like was said, the MXT would be a great "weapon" of choice for the type of hunting you plan on doing. Good luck on your quest, and HH

Welcome Vulture. I like the looks of gold too, so we are anxiously waiting to see pics of any gold finds after you choose your new machine. Good luck!! ;)

Tony, I think I'll be doing more gold hunting than coins but I would like do both if I can. But I have the feeling it would be 70 / 30 more on the gold side. It sound like it would be an MXT by the majority of the post. Next question. Where can I get the best deal and is there anything I should looking for when I make my purchase? I would also need a good starter kit for digging up my find and sifting for it. I can use all the help this board has to offer.
Thank you every one.

As an "objective" source, I can say that Tony has a great package price on the MXT and I believe White's still has $150 Christmas bucks with the purchase as well. Check with him for details. There are a couple other knowledgeable internet detector outfits, but when I dealt with Tony everytime I called I spoke directly to him not a different person everytime.

Vulture,

Welcome aboard. For gold and coin shooting the MXT is definitely a good choice. Here are some of my gold finds with it.

10K ring with diamond.
10Kring%20w%252fdiamond.jpg

14K Girl's soccer ring.
14Ksoccer_ring.jpg

14K Buddha medal.
Buddha.jpg

14K cupid charm.
Cupid.jpg

22K Gold ring.
Gring.jpg

I could go on, but get the idea? :yes:

WOW! Rudy...where do you do your detecting? I think you swing in a jewelry store.

I've heard about gold diggers and then there's Rudy!

Some great finds you have there. Let's see some more pics..... :yes:

Ok,You asked for it. Here are some more. :lol:

Actually, I am nowhere near as good finding gold as another couple from our
club. Their finds put me to shame at every club meeting, averaging three or more gold finds every month. :shock: Of course, they put in a lot more hours than I am able to. That is a big part of it. The more you swing that coil, the more you'll find.

The ring on the right was in my previous post. The chains and medals at the top are 14K. The signet ring at the left, the crucifix shaped medal and the other medal are 14K. These were found between January and March of this year.
JFinds%20Feb-Mar.jpg

This 14K ring with diamond I found in Miami Beach on Christmas day last year. It was found with the HeadHunter though, not the MXT.
MiamiBeach%20ring.jpg

This chain and panda bear are 14K, but the stone is a CZ. :(
Panda.jpg

Another CZ on 14K.
bling.jpg

A miracuolous medal shaped as a crucifix made in 14K.
cross_14K.jpg

A 10K class ring, but it is so old I can't tell the school.
ring10K.jpg

A 14K ring with ruby.
rubyring.jpg

Well, that's all I got at hand right now. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom