• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Friday afternoon hunt nets silver & more

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
Haven't had the chance to get out and hunt much lately due to work and the rain. I decided Friday afternoon it was time so I cut out of work early and headed to an empty lot I have hunted before. I found a Barber dime on this property the last time I hunted it so I figured there had to be more. Started off hitting nothing but clad, ended up with $1.10. Then I found the banjo pin which I thought was pretty cool. Found the gold hair pin about 5' from there. Started working my way back to the truck and hit the 1897 IHP about 8" down. I was thinking no silver but at least a 122 year old coin. Went a few steps and hit a 1910 wheat cent. AWESOME. Walked about 10' and got that unmistakable pure high tone the 3030 has when it gets over silver. Dug about 6" down and out comes a 1946 Roosevelt Dime. WAHOOO !! My first silver in a few weeks. I hunted the area I found the dime in before, not sure how I missed it but just goes to show you never know. Working my way back to the truck I got to the driveway and hit a 1944D and 1957D wheat cent. All in all not bad for a 3 hour hunt .
I ran the 3030 in COINS, Ground Coin, +3, Fast On, Combined Tones.

Attachments

• 6142019 hunt.JPG
    6142019 hunt.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 273
  • 06142019 hunt2.jpg
    06142019 hunt2.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 230
Nice ones Jerr man.
Yeah, I noticed the rain in your area.
Maybe it’s over for a while.

And you can dig more coins.

Good to see the scrabble finds holder filled up Jerr 👍
Congradulations on the silver.
No hunting for me last weekend . Did a little bar tournament from 6 till noon with Bret . The lake was chocolate milk .
Another 2nd place but a couple Hundy in envelope 👍
Good to see a report .
,Dew

A really nice hunt Jerry. You got to fill the need to keep the sanity. Congrats on the first year Rosie, the Indian, the Wheat's and all the rest. Trapper

Nice finds. Congrats.

HD
Thank You
Good to see the scrabble finds holder filled up Jerr 👍
Congradulations on the silver.
No hunting for me last weekend . Did a little bar tournament from 6 till noon with Bret . The lake was chocolate milk .
Another 2nd place but a couple Hundy in envelope 👍
Good to see a report .
,Dew
Thanks Dew. Great job on getting in the money on the tournament. We have had SO MUCH rain down here, my local lake is still flooded and hard to find places to even get my boat in. NOW , get out there and make some finds and share a post with us. GL and Happy Hunting.
Good to see the scrabble finds holder filled up

Neat way to photograph.
I like it.
Thank ou

Nice finds Jerry!
Thanks Tom

A really nice hunt Jerry. You got to fill the need to keep the sanity. Congrats on the first year Rosie, the Indian, the Wheat's and all the rest. Trapper
Thank You Trapper, it was good to get out. Lake is flooded so haven't been able to fish either. Any hunt I bring home silver is a GREAT HUNT for me. They are getting harder to find everyday. Wished I would have continued in this hobby back when I bought my first machine in 1980. Some of the old timers tell me it was nothing to go out and bag 10-15 silvers a hunt. GL and Happy Hunting, I enjoy your post.

Back
Top Bottom