• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lightning Strikes Twice 2nd Gold Nugget

SoOregonMd

Elite Member
A few weeks ago I found a 5 .03 gr Gold Nugget while hunting in a Park near the River. I had it tested at 19.5 K and was pretty stoked. The Nugget however didn't have a lot of visual appeal but who cares it was a Nugget right.

Well today Started off REALLY bad as I drove about 45 minutes to a Lake in Oregon and wanted to hunt the beach area after Memorial day. Well not there more than 5 minutes and a State Ranger shows up and tells me to leave. I left and headed to another Park by the River in Shady Cove. Well no sooner do I get there and I see 2 County Trucks parked there so I just said screw it and went to another Park in Shady Cove right on the River as well.

Wasn't finding a lot and was just strolling along the banks. Well I get a hit all over the board so I dig. Pulled a Nickel, a dime, and a penny from the same hole. Rechecked my hole and got a solid 63/64 about 6" down.. figured for sure a pull tab but it is a little higher than most. Well I dug it out and had a hard time finding it but I pulled out a Dirty Rock but it was Heavy so I started to get excited. Went and washed it up in the river and said OMG I just found another Nugget.

I searched around a little to see if he had any brothers but didn't find anything else but a couple bottle caps so I went home.

Got home took a tooth brush to it, and tested it.
14k Nope
18k Nope
22k Started to fade but never fully disappeared so I'm thinking it is somewhere in the 21K range.

Weight 4.58 grams

Anyways This one I am keeping and the other is getting sold as I already have a $157 offer from the Gold and Silver shop in town.

On a side note, a buddy from So Cal called me on my way home and next Sunday is coming to town and hired a River Guide and a Boat and wants me to go Salmon Fishing on this Same River.. So Most excellent Day for me !!

thanks for looking and Happy Hunting

First pic is the new Nuggie and the second is Both my Nuggets.

Attachments

• Nuggie.jpg
    Nuggie.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 379
  • Nuggets.jpg
    Nuggets.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 306
Nice.. keep up the good work, I hope that you find more.. Best of luck and HH..

Thanks Guys !!

Dang how did gold nuggets get there? Natural or dropped by people?

I assume dropped.

Well one can never know for Sure.. The first one I have a Theory.. the site was right next to the River which definitely is a Gold bearing river.. much history.. The park got flooded about 50 years ago really bad and they had to do reconstruction, So it could of been brought in as fill dirt or perhaps deposited by the flood itself.

The Second was On the river itself so that one was just plain River Gold.

Simply amazing, don't even dream of such finds here in Kansas...

Well around here Finding Old Silver is next to impossible but we did have a Gold Rush so better chance I think of finding Gold than Old Silver.

You sure are on it now! Go get us one as big as an orange! How cool is this!?
Thanks Mud.. wouldn't an Orange sized Nugget be pretty freaking cool.. think it would make the banner age :?:

Very cool, nice find man! River could have, and probably did, change course over the centuries.
Thanks Zee !! I hadn't thought of that but you are probably right.

Awesome finding a nugget! Congrats!

Thanks GS !!

Here's an email that I got back from our local county parks department.

Oh heck Chris We need to print that out and Laminate it LOL ya Lost Creek Lake is State different rules I am sure.. said I needed a permit.. ya like there such such a thing

Back
Top Bottom