Possible gold nugget with gold crystals

DesertMinerals

I found a possible gold nugget its gold in color anyway but the odd thing is it has gold clear crystals on it. Attached is a photo of it or it should be there anyway :)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 278
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 257
Another photo

Attached is another photo of what I have and most of it was found while walking my dog down the side of the road.

Attachments

• 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 263
Hard to tell from the pic but it "could" be gold ore. Definately looks interesting. The only way I know of to test it is to grind and leech a sample with aqua regia or some other method , then use stannous chloride to see if gold is present in the liquid , but thats something not everybody can do. There may be other ways though.

Its hard to really tell gold in photo's as is as I heard gold doesn't photograph well to begin with. You cannot see the gold crystals on it but there are a lot of gold crystals.

It can be gold , and probably is , but could also be pyrite....which itself can contain gold. Quartz , gold , and pyrite are often found together. But you probably already know that. Im not saying you have pyrite , just that it can look just like gold in ore and testing can sometimes be the only way to be positive.

Sometimes gold ore just looks like nasty brown colored rocks or quartz. But it can be loaded with elemental gold only seen after processing.

Anyway ,....just talking about it , since it interests me.

Thanks for clarifying what your saying but wasn't needed, I have some quartz with pyrite on it and some people thought or most do that the one with pyrite is the real deal. What struck me with this is it has gold crystals on it where the dark brown area's are or almost brown and you can't see it that good but they are there.

Broken quartz all over

Just a little ways deeper in the desert there is area that has quartz rocks in small pieces all around the place and it looks like people were there with at least a campfire some time ago, I wonder if somebody didn't find a large quartz broke it up searching for gold, it would be here in Picture Rocks, Arizona still I'm positive it is just unowned property then you get unfenced state property. It's just white quartz laying around in small pieces in the desert didn't look like there is any gold on it but you never know with quartz.

Another possible gold or small quartz

Attached couple more possible gold ore quartz I found. It could be natural minerals to it.

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 155
That last pic of quartz looks like real gold on it,You ought to grab as much as you can and ship it to American Recycling Associates in Texas,They pay like 98% of the gold price!!
Looks like you need a dedicated gold detector!

Back
Top Bottom