Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Thanks everyone for the quick welcomes!

At this moment after limited research I am leaning towards Fisher and Bounty Hunter. The F44 is on my short list. I'm on a shoestring budget...about $350 max to get everything I need to at least start swinging. That should include a carrying bag. I'm almost certain that at this price point I'm looking at a single-frequency machine. I kinda have my heart set on something with ground balance control as well. I live less than 10 miles from the Gulf coast, and I'm certain I will be wanting to search the dry sand...wet if possible but not essential. A good used instrument from a reputable source is of course not out of the question.

First off, welcome from SW WI. Secondly do not buy on line, call the sponsors on here tell them where you saw their ad, and they will hook you up. Regular internet pricing is MSRP and will cost you more. Also the sponsors here are users and will guide you to a good machine on your budget.

Are you a man of wealth and taste? :laughing: Anyway, welcome! Finding some stuff with my single-tone $250 Tesoro Mojave but it isn't waterproof...

This is what I was expecting. Lol

Welcome. I lived in Alvin for many years and moved 3 years ago before starting detecting. I'd love to go to crystal beach to detect maybe up to high island.

It is not really overwhelming. All single frequency machines are obsolete. Don't get caught swinging an old outdated piece of garbage.

Welcome to the forum!!

iu

Thanks everyone for the quick welcomes!

At this moment after limited research I am leaning towards Fisher and Bounty Hunter. The F44 is on my short list. I'm on a shoestring budget...about $350 max to get everything I need to at least start swinging. That should include a carrying bag. I'm almost certain that at this price point I'm looking at a single-frequency machine. I kinda have my heart set on something with ground balance control as well. I live less than 10 miles from the Gulf coast, and I'm certain I will be wanting to search the dry sand...wet if possible but not essential. A good used instrument from a reputable source is of course not out of the question.

OP, don't fall for the sales gimmick of "freebies", because they aren't. They're simply bait for the gullible.

Stop and think about what you ACTUALLY need to detect, a detector, a digger, and something to put your finds and trash in.

Let me address the last two first. Go to Lowes/Home Depot and buy a $10 Fiskars digger, and a $2 nail apron. This leaves about $330 for a detector. Don't be convinced you need all these accessories to detect, some people just like buying gear.

If you could spring a few more $$, look at a Tesoro Cibola. Look here in the Classifieds for anything else you might be interested in, just be sure and do your own research, and not just accept a popular vote.

You can add accessories later, as you can afford them. Spend the majority of your time researching sites to detect, not worrying about what to buy next.

first off, welcome from sw wi. Secondly do not buy on line, call the sponsors on here tell them where you saw their ad, and they will hook you up. Regular internet pricing is msrp and will cost you more. also the sponsors here are users and will guide you to a good machine on your budget.

lol

I'm sorry, you were being serious?

:laughing:

Yes, very. Not sure which part you don't believe or think is funny. But what I said breaks down to two parts.

A. Over the phone, most dealers, have better pricing than what a person would get on Amazon or fleebay, or ordering directly on the site. This is due to MAP pricing it appears all detector manufactures are using.

B, secondly, they have always been helpful in answering questions to help me decide what my nest machine is.

I've had 6 different machines 4(1st was internet shopping and one was used) of which I've purchased this way. And I've called several of the other dealers and had similar conversations. Never had one that would not deal or would not offer to help.

If you don't agree, that's ok. Actually I'm sorry if you didn't have a similar experience.

It's all funny, because it isn't true. I've bought online, paid less than MSRP, never touched a phone. If a Dealer won't answer emails within a reasonable amount of time, they just lost a sale.

Know I can tell you've never dealt with Bart at BBH?

You'd said to contact a site Sponsor, now you're talking about Ebay and Amazon. Move the goal posts much?

I've had more than 6 detectors at one time, which has no bearing on anything.

It's all funny, because it isn't true. I've bought online, paid less than MSRP, never touched a phone. If a Dealer won't answer emails within a reasonable amount of time, they just lost a sale.

Know I can tell you've never dealt with Bart at BBH?

You'd said to contact a site Sponsor, now you're talking about Ebay and Amazon. Move the goal posts much?

I've had more than 6 detectors at one time, which has no bearing on anything.

Actually I have, bought from BBH. Please re read my post, I'm advising the guy to stay away from Amazon and eBay. EBay and Amazon, don't negotiate with pricing and they provide no service after the sale. I've got better pricing from the sponsors and better service.

Hey if you feel you get better pricing or service from Amazon or eBay, then God Bless you and have at it.

I don't get how I can suggest he would get better service and price from the sponsors here, you not agree and then claim I've never done business with BBH ? ????? What does one have to do with the other?

Let me spell this out clearly. When I talk about buying on line. I suggest staying away from Amazon and eBay, yes I know the sponsors have on line store. My suggestion is to reach out to them first, generally with a phone call. Many times if you text, Pm, or email, they will reply with a contact phone number. Due to MAP pricing many do not want to give a price except verbally.

Back
Top Bottom