First 60 minutes with my Tesoro Super Traq

Zappato

Between rain showers and errands on Saturday I took my new (to me) Tesoro Lobo Super Traq out for a quick sweep of my back yard.

This is what I found: Bicycle brake handle, scissors, brass faucet handle, little strip of metal, pulley, flattened red car, “nail spill’, aluminium bottle cap, and a green Hot Wheels car.

Some of these items, like the scissors and the pulley, were 6”-8” down. I must be doing something wrong, because I had the Discrimination way up on hoping to find mostly non ferrous objects. I’m hoping with time I can better understand the settings and use them more effectively.

I did have fun and plan to get some more time in today.

Attachments

• 20180609_21_43_17.jpg
    20180609_21_43_17.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 332
Between rain showers and errands on Saturday I took my new (to me) Tesoro Lobo Super Traq out for a quick sweep of my back yard.

This is what I found: Bicycle brake handle, scissors, brass faucet handle, little strip of metal, pulley, flattened red car, “nail spill’, aluminium bottle cap, and a green Hot Wheels car.

Some of these items, like the scissors and the pulley, were 6”-8” down. I must be doing something wrong, because I had the Discrimination way up on hoping to find mostly non ferrous objects. I’m hoping with time I can better understand the settings and use them more effectively.

I did have fun and plan to get some more time in today.

I doubt if there's anything wrong with your detector. Large ferrous items like that usually don't discriminate out...I believe this is called iron wrap.

I doubt if there's anything wrong with your detector. Large ferrous items like that usually don't discriminate out...I believe this is called iron wrap.

NC TOAD Is correct .Congratulations on acquiring a very nice detector and having a nice first hunt .Best of luck to you .

Also, round stiff like the loops on those scissors are hard to discriminate too. Metal detectors are designed to find rings and coins for the most part, so they usually love anything round.

Back
Top Bottom