Founds these in the Woods no idea!! Help

Makro468

Found these while detecting in the Woods. I am burned out trying to figure out what these things could be!! I though maybe some type of key to open a food can.......please help folks!! Thanks in advance

Attachments

• A4A3D5FB-F298-4106-8A5A-B651562350C2.jpg
    A4A3D5FB-F298-4106-8A5A-B651562350C2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 560
  • 0712E7F6-FBAC-4F67-A4C7-1A51CFC3E719.jpg
    0712E7F6-FBAC-4F67-A4C7-1A51CFC3E719.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 523
Hello Makro and welcome to the forums...

I think it is too ornate to be something disposable like a pull tab. My second thought was a clothing accessory like maybe a suspendor clip but that doesn't seem quite right either. I'll keep thinking and googling and get back with you if I can think of anything.

I'll bet, those triangular tabs are bent ALMOST 180 degrees. I think they may be something for women's hair. Like to hold a bun together.

I'll take a stab at it. How about wall hangers for pictures and such. The pointed ends would be bent back the other way and pressed into the back of a picture frame. Then the loops would hang on a nail.

Cliff

I'll take a stab at it. How about wall hangers for pictures and such. The pointed ends would be bent back the other way and pressed into the back of a picture frame. Then the loops would hang on a nail.

Cliff

X2

Thanks for the help

Thanks so much for all the wonderful ideas. But these items are made from a very thing metal, like aluminum or copper. Not real sure they would be able to hold the weight of a picture. Any further ideas would be appreciated

I don't recognize them either, but I'll take a run at it...

You found them close together, in the woods, they're identical more or less, they're meant to be seen from one side only, one end is decorative while the other looks like it attaches to something that would hide it, but the metal is soft (looks stamped) so it had to be a material like leather or cloth. They look too rough to be from clothing. You don't mention the size, but the comparison to a pull tab suggests 1-2".

My guess is they're the two ends of a decorative piece of a leather strap from a bridle or saddle. The points were used to pierce the leather, then hammered down to secure them.

Maybe someone who's knowledgeable about antique horse tack would recognize them...

I don't recognize them either, but I'll take a run at it...

You found them close together, in the woods, they're identical more or less, they're meant to be seen from one side only, one end is decorative while the other looks like it attaches to something that would hide it, but the metal is soft (looks stamped) so it had to be a material like leather or cloth. They look too rough to be from clothing. You don't mention the size, but the comparison to a pull tab suggests 1-2".

My guess is they're the two ends of a decorative piece of a leather strap from a bridle or saddle. The points were used to pierce the leather, then hammered down to secure them.

Maybe someone who's knowledgeable about antique horse tack would recognize them...

I think you're on the right tack (so to speak).

Back
Top Bottom