new to the game

modlite38

hello everybody! I'm new to metal detecting and to this forum, so just wanted to introduce myself. I was recently helping a neighbor that was moving, and in the attic above his garage was a radio shack model #63-3015 (bh land star) detector still in the box. he said he bought it for his young son several years ago, but he just never got into it, so it was never used and just stored away. he basically ended up giving me the detector for helping him move. i can't wait to try it out! anyway, thanks for having me and i look forward to reading/chatting with everybody.

You might want to add your location to your profile as there are members almost everywhere who are more than willing to get together with others just starting to show you some of the tips and techniques. Also there are local clubs where you can meet many others who are interested in the same thing and they can be a wealth of knowledge. It really is easier to learn from someone else's mistakes.

Welcome from Indiana. Many years ago, a young man got one of them radio shack detectors. It dont go very deep. Over a two year time, he found enough clad coins and a few hunks of jewlery. He was able to cash in his coins and buy a nice detector. So give it a good run for its money. You never know what you will find... KEN

Another Welcome from North Carolina

Ur gonna love it. Make sure to do a little research and get permissions. Ya can't find stuff where nobody's ever been and some people get upset if your somewhere where they don't want ya to be ;).
:digginahole:

Back
Top Bottom