Repousse Barber caps a silver dime trifecta

GW3735

Elite Member
Haven't been online much lately been busy and finally took a weeks vacation to turkey hunt and detect but weathers been miserable. I did manage a turkey Tuesday morning but detecting been tough dodging rain showers. Finally had a day on my vacation it wasn't raining when I woke up. I started the day at a local park first dig was two IHs stuck together then about a foot away another IH. Did manage a silver Rosie before leaving to met up with forum friend FX2 and a coworker to hit an old picnic grove for the first time. I managed another silver with a Merc. Didn't find much more worth noting and we wrapped up but i needed to get mowing done but still had the urge to get out so after I did my yard work I headed back to an old carnival grounds close to home and focused on an area where I pulled a bunch wheats figured there had to be silver. Well I pulled 3 mercuries and a Rosie then finished the trifecta with a stunning 1912 Repousse Barber dime. Making it a 7 silver day and 48Fty Thanks for looking and GL/HH.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 400
Thats an awesome find. I dont find many regular Barbers. Got more than twice as many seated as I do Barbers.

I think this may be the SECOND reppusse I've seen since I've been on the forum. Truly unreal! That is STUNNING!

congrats on a one in a million

I think this may be the SECOND reppusse I've seen since I've been on the forum. Truly unreal! That is STUNNING!

congrats on a one in a million

Yeah right! The first one I saw posted was somebody found a bracelet made out of mercs like that, what 5yrs ago? ...I did a lot of research on those die sets for making these things...just never followed through with getting them and a press..

Its a very cool find there, a real trophy and one in a million odds kind of thing, as if its not hard enough to find a barber dime or barber anything...Congratulations GW!
Mud

Congrats on some great finds and the turkey too! Too many turkeys here, they roost on my trailer in my back yard. Looks like sunday might be a drier day! HH

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I was really excited when I found it had seen one somewhere a couple months ago thought it would really cool to find one. This one apparently a pin can see where they soldered it on the back.

I would guess that Barber dime was dropped with in the last 10 years or so.
Never seen those coins back in the day:?:

Back
Top Bottom