1861 S seated liberty dime

jl1252

Elite Member
I hit a local park in my town thus morning and noticed they had trimmed the vinca back a few feet. decided to give it a shot. immediately got a solid 42 on my xt505. dig it and about had a heart attack...1861 S Seated Liberty Dime...omfg. My fitst silver and its a doozey! cant stop shaking!

Attachments

• IMG_20160505_095125.jpg
    IMG_20160505_095125.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_20160505_095151.jpg
    IMG_20160505_095151.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 565
Way to hit a spot freshly uncovered... those spots, as you see, can be great places for old coins!

Congrats on a great find!:cool:

A lot of detail on it still, too!:yes:

Congratulations. Nothing like your first silver and a nice one at that !!!! Thanks for sharing

Wow your first silver, it will be hard to top that, awesome. Has a lot of detail, big congratulations :grin:

Excellent Firsts!! You ought to volunteer to clear the rest of the vegetation out of that area. It could be hiding all sorts of goodies.

Wow! Nice seated! Quite a first silver. Been doing this on and off for 40 years...never found a seated anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy smokes!! Just look at the detail on that coin. That's a super awesome first silver. :shock: Massive congrats man. Now go get some more. :yes:

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

Thank you all for the kind words and taking the time to check out my find. I am still absolutely beside myself. I didnt manage.to find anything else in that spot but about a dozen square nails. The other coins are modern lincolns and a few clad dimes that I dug in other parts of the park.

This was the only patch of vinca that had been cut back and it was right at the entrance. The vinca is everywhere so I will definitely be back in the coming weeks to check if more has been cut down. I also noticed a backhoe and skidloader doing some work around the admin building but there was no one around when I was leaving to ask if I could go over the freshly moved dirt.

Back
Top Bottom