Ever get down? Think of quitting?

Wom 27

Elite Member
DelcoJohn and I went out today and were skunked. But, he brought his 1799 Silver Dollar along for me to see. I'm telling you, just seeing that find! Just holding it in your hands, is , well,I don't know. Cant finish the sentence.
Tell you what, picture that find in your mind, realize that every dog has its day, and all those bad thoughts will fly from your head. I got enough Mojo to last me the whole season! Happy Hunting........and I mean that

Nope. It is what I look forward to every spring. I do it for the peace and tranquility I get from being alone with nature in the woods or underwater.

Sure I find things but that isn't my goal. My goal is to be stress free and at peace. No lights, cars, electronics, noise. Just me and nature and being able to find things that have been lost eons ago. I also enjoy the fish, turtles, and exploring the unknown.

Nope. It is what I look forward to every spring. I do it for the peace and tranquility I get from being alone with nature in the woods or underwater.

Sure I find things but that isn't my goal. My goal is to be stress free and at peace. No lights, cars, electronics, noise. Just me and nature and being able to find things that have been lost eons ago. I also enjoy the fish, turtles, and exploring the unknown.
+1

Oldest coin- 1958 Wheatie

I feel this is sometimes our release from reality. Our safe place. Our happy place. :laughing: but I think I know what you mean. Your day will come.

I have a bad day now and then where I will come home with beaver tails, pull tabs, can slaw, pencil eraser, bic lighter top, zipper pull, freshness seals....I will sit down and clean my gear and tell myself I've had enough.

A few days go by and I find myself wondering if I should do some door knocking today or hit a local park I haven't been to in a while.

HDD

Bad hunts do happen but usually a person shows more enthusiasm when something is found cause we keep going on in this hobby due to the good hunts. As long as I come home with more than I started with that is a good hunt to me actually after Tom left I managed a Victorian stamped brass object in the front of the property don't know if it was some kind of buckle or piece of furniture but it was a neat find. Kind of weird though had these three faces on it but the design is definitely victorian era.

If you look at it really:
Every hunt is bad that first 30or 40 plugs that were all pull tabs, BUT......
then there's plug #41 and it's NOT a pull tab, it is round and it is SILVER or better, GOLD........Then you are like, " Yeah on my 3rd plug I found this".......:lol:
That's what this is all about, that excitement, that adrenalin rush.
I'll be back out clearing the earth of those pull tabs, and HOPING for lots better than that.
Keep digging and keep smiling.
:yes: :yes: :yes:

Scuba you really should get a GoPro and film your hunts! Nothing giving away your sites but I think they would be AWESOME! Especially for those of us who are too chicken to do that style of detecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scuba you really should get a GoPro and film your hunts! Nothing giving away your sites but I think they would be AWESOME! Especially for those of us who are too chicken to do that style of detecting.

I thought about videoing my hunts.... But I realized that, for me, being out with nothing but me a beep and nature is more important than a well documented story about whatever I do or don't find. If I come across a honey hole that I'm excited to go back to I'll bring a buddy and a camera. Until then I'm just going to enjoy the cheap therapy sessions.

I imagine guys like scuba might often feel the same way.
Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

So, you have a non electronic detector, [emoji23] [emoji23]? Just kidding. I know what ya mean.

This Sport attracts and retains certain personality types....Its some sort of brain defect no doubt...An over active Imagination, a 'swing for the bleachers' kind of spirit that no logical reasoning or professional counseling could ever discourage...

Day Dreamers, Flibberdegibbets, Unconstrained and Uncontrollable wanderers who have to constantly be 'In Search' of something!? ...Pursuitists locked in an amygdalan driven loop of constant stimulation/satiation...

We are all 'Mel Fishers' in our own little way, 'Dirt Digging Daniel Boones' even...

A totlotter pulling pennies, gold hunting waterbabys, silver coin geeks out rooting around for a Rosie, the relic boys, We all experience the great joys and excitement of a Life spent in Search....

Whats a fellow to do? We cant help it! Self examination or behavior modification therapy does not seem to help...It boils down to this...
"You cant find nothing sitting around in the house".."Time and Treasure wait for Nobody" "A Penny Found is Worth More than a Penny Earned" and...."Todays the Day":laughing::laughing:

This Forum is our Campfire where we gather to share with each other what others do not understand...People that dont get this or dont stick with this Sport? Get discouraged and quickly fall out? It aint their fault...Somebodies gotta be responsible and keep the trains running on time!...

So, you have a non electronic detector, [emoji23] [emoji23]? Just kidding. I know what ya mean.

LOL good one! I actually have a Fisher CZ-21. What is super about it is it is absolutely quiet until I hit a target. No threshold noise, no drawn out sounds like an Excal. Just a single beep. I can enjoy my surroundings and it really is peaceful.

I really have thought about it. Just to be able to show my family and friends what I do in certain spots. Especially in the Detroit River, it is not easy. Inland lakes are easier. I might try it soon.

The problem with people being scared to do what I do is a little laughable. Most the time I am 8' deep or less. I am just over waders heads grabbing everything they have not been able to get to over the years. So most my hunts are in virgin territory, unless I have hit them already.

Diving in 8' of water or less is super easy. No dive tables, no decompression, no ear pressure. Just scuba gear to stay down and a detector. I do go down to 30 or 40 foot sometimes on drop offs but that is maybe 3 - 5 times a year.

The only thing that has me down is the lack of spots to hunt. I mean everywhere I go it's either not allowed or they take your detector or even worse it's a felony!! I mean I can hunt on the beach but it's an hour drive every time...

About the middle of May, when I'm trying to hunt shady areas under trees wiping the sweat out of eyes is when I say, it's time to quit. Then winter comes again and I get back to swinging.

The only thing that has me down is the lack of spots to hunt. I mean everywhere I go it's either not allowed or they take your detector or even worse it's a felony!! I mean I can hunt on the beach but it's an hour drive every time...

So what? Who ever said you cant break the Law or have to ask for permission? We Free Rangers and Natural Men are not encumbered by such trivialities! Just hone your skills of never being seen and never getting caught and the World is your oyster! Easy to learn! Exciting and Fun! Laws are Minor details!

Long time ago, somebody asked the great comedic master Henny Youngman, "What is your secret to success?" He replied....after the appropriate pause...."Timing!"!!:laughing::laughing:

Same with this Sport! You CAN go through this World invisible, doing whatever the hell you please, unobstructed by the temporary and vagarious Laws of Man....talking you way into and out of all sorts of situations!

We unnoticed invisiblists can assist you along this path if you are a willing vessel....If Not, OK, no hard feelings, granted, it aint for everybody, for all the rest,...theres always Golf!:laughing:

Seriously considering it. Town had a festival yesterday. Walked up there with the wife, bumped into a couple of friends. Gave some kids some change for ice cream. Park full of kids, yeah MDing tonight. Bough lunch for the five of us. I walk up the street to the park, and wife walks to town. I get zip. Totals for the day, me -$82.06, Wife + .62 found against curb. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Yeah, I'm thinking about quitting. joe

Back
Top Bottom