• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1st Coin Star Haul

goldpaninut

I was at our local Walmart today when I walked by the Coin-star & saw some change. I'm not bashful so I quickly pocketed it and counted it when I got home. 45 cents! Looking at each coin with my 10X loop I was amazed to see a 1959-D Roosevelt dime and a foreign silver coin dated 1997. I don't know what country this coin comes from however, but it shined up with Wrights silver cream and it was almost black when I found it. Wrights won't work on non silver coins. This is my first silver find in a coin-star!

Attachments

• IMG_3545.jpg
    IMG_3545.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_3549.jpg
    IMG_3549.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_3550.jpg
    IMG_3550.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 327
Someone keeps spreading the rumor that coin star finds are a HOAX. Don't you hate when that happens?

I found out the foreign coin is a Russian Ruble. It is made of nickel, copper, & zinc.....so there goes my silver coin......lol The wife looked it up & says its worth about $40?

I found out the foreign coin is a Russian Ruble. It is made of nickel, copper, & zinc.....so there goes my silver coin......lol The wife looked it up & says its worth about $40?
You still got a free silver rosie! Plus the Russian coin is cool even if just clad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It's there, I had a similar haul the other day minus the good stuff :lol: I keep checking though, I know of a gold coin coming from the coin star, happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom