Here We Go. Shipwrecks from Space.

What a joke. 60's tech doesnt even come close to the public's use of google maps. And the tech from '97 satellites for earth mapping (that you can pay to access) is light years ahead of both.

SMH :laughing:

Sounds like an interesting show. I'm going to watch for sure.

I turned down an opportunity to be on that show. Discovery Channel was on the Treasure Coast last year doing interviews for the show. Three of the people on the show are treasure hunting friends of mine from the Treasure Coast. The diver on the show, Eric Schmitt , is the guy who found over 60 feet of gold chain a few years ago. I'm going to a party tonight for the premiere of the show with a few of the cast members. I turned it down because I think the show is going to be a bunch of fluff. The people that made the show are the same people that made Snake Island. No thank you. I believe the astronaut could see shipwrecks from space, but the number of wrecks that have treasure on them are probably less than one tenth of a percent. I don't see how you could make a treasure connection. It will make for good TV though. There are hundreds of shipwrecks Around the Turks and Caicos Islands where the show is being filmed. Throw in a couple of planted artifacts, a little fake drama, and you have a hit.

Its gonna be HUGE! Who doesnt like the initial set up? Lost Spanish treasure galleons found by an attentive astronaut looking for Soviet missile sites with some sort of secret 'Long Tom' NASA kind of metal detector??

Keeping private notes and maps of strange reef anomalies when he wasnt hunting Russkies? Then, On his deathbed, passed along his research to a young treasure hunting guy who befriended him? How freaking COOL!

OK sure...We gotta have some danger and drama, emergency boat repair, lets get some female bare nekkidness going on somehow if we can...medical issues, character development..sharks of course are always welcome on the Discovery Channel, so we need to chum in a school occasionally...Danger and Drama! Like the Crab fleet! Nobody thought that show would have wheels beyond one season...

In my former Life, I was an attendee to several Disc Channel Show Premier parties..It was a lot of fun and extreme coolness....Have a good time there Scoundrel...

I'll be a watcher of this one...

Attachments

• Capt Phil.jpg
    Capt Phil.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 592
  • john stacey.jpg
    john stacey.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 587
Interesting how one of the "anomalies" was the Atocha. Satellite mapping has been finding all sorts of lost archaeological sites from all over the world.

I can see the archaeologists making a list and laying claim to all the sites archaeological in nature and keeping salvage companies away. Of course there's two sides to that coin as well as salvagers will most likely do the same. Looks like a dog fight is gonna break out.

....I don't see how you could make a treasure connection. It will make for good TV though. There are hundreds of shipwrecks Around the Turks and Caicos Islands where the show is being filmed. Throw in a couple of planted artifacts, a little fake drama, and you have a hit.

That is my point. The aerial views have no correlation to identifying what anomolies contain treasure. They will simply confirm a few of the ships that modern maps have already identified.

fake drama....horse and pony show....for sure! It could be entertaining, but what i see is a bunch of people...
  • throwing away their kids college funds to "strike it rich"
  • seeing headlines about novice divers getting injured or drown
  • watching new regulations promulgated that further restrict our hobby
:roll: :mad:

What a joke. 60's tech doesnt even come close to the public's use of google maps. And the tech from '97 satellites for earth mapping (that you can pay to access) is light years ahead of both.

SMH :laughing:

but what about the 1960's astronauts wearing a fish bowl for a helmet? Everytime I see those old videos I get a good laugh. Zipping up before a space walk :laughing:

So I've watched the first episode and it just seemed as the episode had too much of a "reality TV" flavor. I will give it a few more episodes but so far it's no up to my liking.

Back
Top Bottom