T2 Classic

Joe6112

I am a rookie at detecting, but the T2 seems like a good one. I would like some opinions on this machine. It's right in my budget and looks like a good one.

T2 is a favorite for relic hunters due to its wide iron range, the F70 will do the job too.

There's many out there that will all do the job well it often comes down to personal preference.

The ATPro is another good all rounder in that range.

Attachments

• _20170226_150258.jpg
    _20170226_150258.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 496
I think First Texas has a tall man's lower rod option for most of their products but don't quote me...ask them or a dealer.

The T2/F75/F70 all are built on the same core platform...I guess you can add the Patriot in there too because it seems to be an F70 clone.
They all have great power and abilities, programming is the big difference.

The T2 Classic does have DST noise cancelling shielding but is missing a couple of processes the flagship LTD model has like cache and FA and sells for $500 but there might be discounts.

The 85th Anniversary F75 came out later and is a cousin but has DST plus a few more extra programs they came up with like 1N, FA and more just like the Flagship model in that line but missing cache and boost.
$599 is MAP price but most buy it for $499 with discounts.

The F70 is an F75 lite with no DST and no extra programs like the F75 but it does have boost and the ability to adjust the thresh in disc which is not a big deal to some.
It sells for the $600 to almost $700 range depending on the coil choice, a concentric coil model costs less than the big DD coil version.
It is a rat rod of sorts, powerful, deep and very capable with plenty of settings you can adjust to conquer most sites but you just have to do it manually.

The Ameritek Patriot, Teknetics), about to be released is an F70 with the big DD coil but with discounts will be sold for $399.

The FLagship F75 LTD with all the toys and features has just been lowered to $700 which includes the big DD coil plus a small DD sniper.

Because of the price on the Anniversary F75, the lower price on the flagship package and the Patriot all that has rendered the current F70 model pretty much out of the picture for now...most are expecting a big price drop on that one soon or it might even be phased out completely one day.

A few difference between them besides what I already mentioned...

The T2 can only use DD coils while the Patriot and the F70/F75 platform can handle concentrics also.
Time was the concentrics were king and DD's were the new kid in the block but that has changed and models of all kinds now come with DD's or are ordered with that option.
There are still many fans of concentric coils out there, however, I run with an F70 and I am one of them.
For hunting in parks filled with pop tops, jewelry hunting and for a few other site conditions concentric coils are a favorite for me and I am glad I have the option.
I find plenty of jewelry with my DD coils but the experience and response I get using a concentric to me is something special.

The T2 has a large iron range...1-40 on the disc range while the other three are 1-15 for their iron range.
For relic hunters the larger iron range could add another dimension to relic hunting with a little more control over iron.

The smaller range on the others means the higher ranges are a little less compressed so a bit more control in those areas.
I hunt for everything but mostly a coin and jewelry hunter in public parks so that less compressed higher range is much more to my liking.

Despite these disc range differences and after my own experiences and after reading a ton of posts of owners of all these units I can tell you that the T2 has no problem finding coins and jewelry and the others have very little issue hunting in iron or for relics.
It's pretty much a matter of taste from hunter to hunter since we are all different.

All work and work well, have a ton of adjustments at your fingertips get deep and find the goods...just compare the features and price points and pick the one that seems right for you.

Last edited:
Is the T2 Classic adjustable in height for a taller or shorter person?
I think the T2 is about 5' totally extended and works for my 5' 11" height and I believe it can adjust to 4'. Any taller, I guess you could put another middle rod in. Any shorter...you can always take out the middle rod.

Last edited:
After much hemming and hawing, I finally ordered my T2 Classic. I appreciate all of the insight. Looking forward to trying it out!

Last edited:
Now order the sharpshooter coil. Effortless to swing with pretty good ground coverage. Once you take the 11 DD off it is a whole different machine.

Back
Top Bottom