Old Punxsutawney Phil was right

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Cold here and snowing this morning. Trees are almost still leave less. Can't remember the last time I have seen such s late spring.

Seen on tv where Boston hasn't been this cold on April,16 since 1881.
And what 2 ft of snow in the Midwest. Historic for mid April.

...Last evening I was Satellite Surfing for hunting locations in Western Pa...close to I80 for a fast bounce dive and along the Allegheny river etc...I tripped across Punxsutee and scoped it out for giggles...theres some places there a guy could hit there...Lots of old and little towns on the PA backroads all over the place...

Cold here and snowing this morning. Trees are almost still leave less. Can't remember the last time I have seen such s late spring.

Seen on tv where Boston hasn't been this cold on April,16 since 1881.
And what 2 ft of snow in the Midwest. Historic for mid April.

Thanks for confirming this !!!! in my front yard is for real and not a dream!! Digging currently on hold :mad:

What you were likely hoping to see :laughing::laughing::laughing:
groundhogdetect.jpg

Looks like no actual seasonal weather here in my area until first of the month.
That would lead me to believe the Midwest is going to be real cool until then.
Maybe even cold.

snow storm here today, 10" :lotsasnow:
5th snow storm since March 23rd close to 3feet has fallen since then....
it has mostly been melting away within a few days,
leaving a few detectable days, before another dumping of snow comes by.
The last four weekends is when these snows have come through here .
The weatherman is calling for high temps the rest of the week 40's & 50's
and rising temps in the long range forecast !
This has been the strangest winter & spring I've ever seen in Iowa.

Puxatawny stew with Dumplins , who needs predictions ,,,,,,,:laughing:

Buddy! Now you are talking! Nothing quite so tasty and under rated as a beanfield beaver! By gosh they are the perfect little fast food meal! Easy as pie to find and catch in various ways, wonderful leather for mocs...a guy can easily catch them with a simple snare or even a club, or pick up a slightly damaged one off the road!...I just love me a beanfield beaver! Man! You got me Drooling all over my shirt! Whip up some Ditch Dog stir fry! Pavement Pig pork loins!! Midwest minute meal Marmot!

I tell you, for a guy to make it in this World, he needs easy access to an abundant Whistlepig and Opossum population....Whistlepigs prefer "Bankers Hours", steady schedule, so its not like a guy has to get up early or work too hard for an appetizing appointment!...Opossums work the third shift, which fills in the 'late night snack' requirements...I dont know what I would do without them? Maybe go on EBT or get an air rifle and fall back on Squirrels?? :laughing:

Buddy! Now you are talking! Nothing quite so tasty and under rated as a beanfield beaver! By gosh they are the perfect little fast food meal!
If I see one within 50 feet of my garden it is history. I do set a trap and if they go in I transport them at least 5 miles away.

There are a few on here that would shoot him and cook him up for his prediction.:laughing:

Actually, it is pretty good eating.

We used to shoot them in the head with our .22s, skin them and cut off the front and rear legs.

Threw the legs in a pot of salt water, then par-boiled it to melt off the excess fat.

After that, season with salt and pepper, bake or grill.

Goes great with cold beer,

Not joking.

Back
Top Bottom