I know I asked for rain

Same here; it rained straight for a day and a half, then we had tornadoes yesterday evening.

Not fair... we haven't had rain since Aug 5th.

I feel like we spent the whole summer "waiting" for rain.

It looks like we've got more rain on the way for this evening. It's too muddy to hunt now, but I was hoping it would dry up a little for tomorrow.

Not fair... we haven't had rain since Aug 5th.

I feel like we spent the whole summer "waiting" for rain.
I feel for yah as we went through a bad drought ourselves this summer. Just hope any rain you get doesn't fall on the weekend *ugh*

Basement flooding, sump pump is dead :mad: We have electricity, circuit fine, sump pump just won't kick in. We haven't had rain this bad since sometime in the late 80's so the pump could have been dead for years. Never needed it!

Back to bailing - just a few inches of water in the low spot, about 90% of the basement does have some water though. Okay mom nature, enough is enough!

Well OZ I'm about 100 miles from ED and now we know who to blame for all this mess. Next time you wish for something were voting against ya ..lol
Don't dare get off sidewalks here today . Wish I could send Carol most of it .
Harold

Well OZ I'm about 100 miles from ED and now we know who to blame for all this mess. Next time you wish for something were voting against ya ..lol
Don't dare get off sidewalks here today . Wish I could send Carol most of it .
Harold
It's raining again, and they're saying some areas could get another 5" tonight! The good thing is, Ike is supposed to suck all this to the east tomorrow.

We have the Grand river just outside of town and its already over flood stage and suppose to get alot higher by Monday . In 93 we couldn't get out of or into town only from one direction the north . I lived 5 miles from here then and had to drive 80 miles to get into here and back . I was working in Cameron then as a prison guard , so made it really rough .So hope it stops soon so it doesn't get that bad again.

Got the 'ole sump pump going - I manually moved the float up and down (after unplugging the sump pump of course!) and when I plugged it back in, whoosh! Man, did that water drain quickly :shock:

Back
Top Bottom