White's MTX or Garrett AT Prp

AB620

Hey guys and gals. I'm new to the MDing and I'm wanting your advice. I was trying to decide between the MTX and the AT Pro. I was wondering if you esteemed treasure hunters could enlighten me on this subject.

Andy

I went from a MXT Pro to a CTX 3030. I like the CTX more because of the bells and whistles and it runs quieter but I think the MXT Pro could hang with it any day...trash, parks, fields, etc.

That being said, I have doubled last year's silver count already this year....several from lakes and one from Saltwater. Without the CTX, I never would have found those.

The curious thing is that last year with the MXT Pro, I dug two silver dollars, a Franklin half and multiple quarters...not too many dimes. This year its been several quarters but almost all dimes (two being nice Seated so I'm not complaining). I think the volume of silver this year is also due to changes in spots and locations.

The retail price of the ATP is several hundred cheaper than the MXT Pro. Waterproof is a big deal as well.

Unless you will do considerable amounts of water hunting, I say MXT Pro all day long.

Hi

That's like saying nike or Adidas. If your gonna do any water hunting or in a rainy state go at-pro. If you like digging deep and relic hunting without much water hunting I'd definitely go mxt.

My opinion is a whites all day. However both whites and garrett both have good customer service. You can't go wrong with either one.

That's like saying nike or Adidas. If your gonna do any water hunting or in a rainy state go at-pro. If you like digging deep and relic hunting without much water hunting I'd definitely go mxt.

:agree:

The AT Pro is quicker in the iron, but the MXT is much deeper. Around water go AT Pro. Serious dirt hunting like corn fields go MXT.

I've had both and I prefer the MXT. Yes, the AT Pro is waterproof but hard for me to understand and all the different tones. If dry land, MXT. If water hunting, there are several out there that are good. I have 1 MD for water hunting and 1 MD for dry land.

Back
Top Bottom