Pocket Knife-in your pocket [Yes or No]

I carry a Spyderco Shaman and a Leatherman Charge TTI, so 3 blades total. Also EDC a pistol and a flashlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a truck mechanic, been scraping gaskets with a pocketknife as long as I can remember.:( A cheapo otf is my work knife.

I can't imagine leaving the house without my Benchmade Mini Adamas and my 380 in the other pocket.
The knife I use every day, the 380 I pray I never need.

I carry a leatherman most of the time when I’m out detecting. My Great Pyrenees would protect me if anything happened though.

Pocket knife in school

Many years ago in the third grade. I was trying to be good when my third grade teacher caught my wondering attention and motioned me to her desk.
I went to the front as required. When she whispered “ come around this side”, I about died. I just knew she was going to twist my ear off!!!
She got me up close and asked if I carried a pocket knife?
“ Yes ma’am”, was my answer.
She said hand it to me under the desk and return to your seat.
I was about to die! I was even more backward then than I a
m now if that is believable.
When class was filing out for the day she called me to her desk after everyone else was gone and handed me my pocketknife.
Said to me, “I knew you would have a sharp one. Be sure to keep it in your pocket”.
One of the true treasures of my young life.

My grandfather gave me my first pocket knife when I was 7. He showed me how to sharpen it and how to safely whittle. I've carried a knife daily (except when flying) for the last 63 years. Hardly a day passes that I don't use it several times.
I think about my grandfather when I do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Always had one when I was in the Army. Cold Steel folding knife clipped on to a front pocket and attached to para cord tied onto a belt loop. Mostly so I wouldn't lose it, but also as an excuse to not let anyone borrow it and leave it somewhere. Seemed like every few weeks somebody was losing their knife. Lasted my whole enlistment, but disappeared soon after. I'd probably still have it if I'd kept wearing it!

These days I don't carry one, but in my finds pouch I keep a Swiss multitool I've had for 20 years.

Several around the Castle…Swiss Army in the Royal pocket, Leatherman in the Day Bag, one large and small in the bugout bag, one in fishing gear, one large folder in tool box, 8 “ plus fixed blade in the Royal night stand…all razor sharp, because a dull knife is a useless tool. Heck, KT even keeps the Royal Letter Opener razor sharp! :laughing::laughing:

Everyday. ZT00350.

Attachments

• 20211008_132134_resized.jpg
    20211008_132134_resized.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 390
I started carrying a knife as a youngster. Carried one to elementarry school and never quit carrying. If i dont have a knife in my pocket i feel like i am naked.

My grandpa did, my dad did, and I do (did).

Last year I was hunting a local park and afterwards I realized my pocket knife was gone due to a hole in my pocket. I couldn't believe it, I'm looking for stuff people lost and I went and lost something myself! I went back over all the area I'd been, but could I find that darn knife, no. Since it was a nice day and kids around, I wondered if some kid had already found it. I'd had that knife a long time (30+ years), so was sad to lose it, but guess that's how life goes.

Since then I've changed my standard routine. I still carry a pocket knife on weekends and non-flight vacations, but leave it at home if I'm going to work or functions/events where it's not likely to get used.

PS - I don't know anyone else who carries a pocket knife. Kind of shocks me as nearly every adult male I knew as a kid seemed to have one on hand at any given moment.

Talking about flights ♤♤ I go as far as doing a checked bag so I can have my knife when I land.. yes it is that important.. I have even went to a sporting good store directly after landing to pick up a pocket knife when I did not check a bag. 😁

Funny how people obviously live different lives...I generally have one or two knives with me if I know I likely need one ie doing outdoors stuff like fishing ect and I used to carry a small folder when I worked in the office, but now I work from home, I seldom do and have just got out of the habit..

Thing is, I don't really miss it either, and I guess I would go weeks without actually needing one...now if I do need to cut something, a knife of some description, or a multi tool is usually not far away, just not my person...

Back
Top Bottom