euphoric outing

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
A cleansing was required. Not one of the body but of the soul and mind. Day to day stress with it's relentless hounding had to be purged. Digaholics know how to accomplish this. The Freedom 3 Plus was placed in my cars trunk.

The parking lot was vacant; or so I thought. Before I could exit Nogo a pair of deer emerged from the haze of the forest. Unconcerned by any presence. They eventually evaporated into the mist.
ry%3D480

The machine was turned on as I went deeper into the park only to be engulfed by the shear beauty of the forest. Each leaf was a collage of effervescent gold, yellow, orange and green. Gentle winds played their tunes threw the leaves causing many to glide earthward. To blanket the earth for the upcoming season. The wind was the only sound...an occasional bell tone from the Garrett. Anger, pain, grieve and stress evaporated with a calm inheriting my inner being.

The time to head back was approaching . The noise from the road could now be heard Melancholy. Nirvana was put aside.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

In the parking lot reality once again took hold with this message. In my pocket the other reality...13 pennies.
ry%3D400

Neat pictures and story !!!!!

I noticed the sign you taped on the inside of your car window but could not clearly read every word, but read enough to know it was to hopefully stop anyone from breaking your car windows, have you had that happen before or just trying to prevent it from happening the first time ?

broken into twice!

Neat pictures and story !!!!!

I noticed the sign you taped on the inside of your car window but could not clearly read every word, but read enough to know it was to hopefully stop anyone from breaking your car windows, have you had that happen before or just trying to prevent it from happening the first time ?

And don't car but the sign was another car that came after I was there......feel sorry!

Beautiful location!

Are the deer always like that? I have never experienced a deer that isn't wary of humans, it's almost impossible to get anywhere near them unless you're really quiet and the wind is the wrong way, is it not a bad sign that they are acting so unconcerned?

Beautiful location!

Are the deer always like that? I have never experienced a deer that isn't wary of humans, it's almost impossible to get anywhere near them unless you're really quiet and the wind is the wrong way, is it not a bad sign that they are acting so unconcerned?

Not sure if other deer elsewhere might be different, but here in South Carolina I can go outside in the evening and see as many as a few to over 10 deer in my yard as close as about 40 - 50 feet away and they'll just stand or lay there looking at you and not run away unless they see you getting too close.

Sometimes I try to make a noise or movement to scare them away so my dog don't start barking at them when I take her outside, but sometimes it takes a few tries to get them moving back into the woods :lol:

Beautiful location!

My grandpa feeds the deer that come onto his property. Now they are so tame he can get within arm's reach of them. I myself live by an elementary school in the city surrounded by a little wooded area. Deer live there, and they are in the middle of the city they have gotten quite used to people. They won't let you get super close but I must've gotten within 15 feet of the fawns when taking this photo.

To the OP: that is some gorgeous landscape you've got there. And you are so right. Sometimes it's nice to stop and see the beauty of the natural world around us. I think that's one of the best things about detecting. We get to experience nature and immerse ourselves in it while enjoying our hobby.

Attachments

• 13512212_293173114352679_3455693364710971672_n[1]1.jpg
    13512212_293173114352679_3455693364710971672_n[1]1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 527
The landscape you detect in is a prize in itself. Definitely a place to restore mental equilibrium

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Beautiful location!

I live in a very rural area and the deer graze in my yard and drink from my pond very close to my house. Deer are very adaptable even if they are wild.
I guess they see me as no threat to them. My beagle doesn't even bark or give notice because they are here every day on my property. My wife likes watching them and the turkeys, pheasants and occasional moose. Animals know instinctively what is threatening and non threatening just like when a human gets that feeling that something isn't right. It's probably because you have a gun or bow in your hand and they are not stupid. :laughing:

When I was out digging last weekend, I was at a large city park and it was a beautiful morning, very fair temps for November in Michigan. The park had recently been brushed out to discourage the deer that congregate there. It's so bad that the city hires sharpshooters every winter to cull the whitetails. The meat is donated to local shelters and food banks.

I noticed a HUGE ten-pointer trying to romance a doe, they were within 150 feet of me and I was of no concern to them. I have deer on my property also, and they are fairly tame except for this time of year when every postage-stamp 5 acre plot or larger is populated with orange hunters hoping to fill their freezer. The deer tend to congregate on my property because it's kind of sanctuary for them. Relaxing to watch 'em.

Back
Top Bottom