Greetings from Georgia

gagold

Hello from Acworth GA. This is a great site. I've been fascinated with metal detecting for years and I'm finally ready to pull the trigger. I was looking at a used coinmaster 6000 series 3 listed locally. After reading about the popular beginner models I'm leaning towards the compadre or f2. Looks like I can't go wrong with either. Ordering Friday, so a coin toss might be the deciding factor :)
Updated: Just ordered an Ace 250 from the classified section. Couldn't pass up the good deal. Can't wait for it to get here.

Last edited:
detector

greetings gagold, I live in east central Alabama and if your soil is like ours, you will need a machine that is easy to set up and ground balances good. The Garrett ace 350 or the AT Pro would both be good choices. Depending on how much you want to spend. I had a 6000 and it was a lot of trouble to ground balance. Whenever I did get it set the ground would change and I would be balancing it all over again. I currently use the Garrett AT Pro and love this machine. Also get a good pin pointer. This will save you tons of digging. Garrett pro pointer is what I use. Kellyco has great deals on all detectors. Give Scott a call and tell him Matt Dismukes referred you. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately Uncle Sam wanted some extra money this year so my budget is 250.00 max.

From Warner Robins Georgia!

Delta 4000 is within budget. go on and get digital--i did after 13 yrs of analog, the F2 is also awesome. Fisher is popular in North Ga. my Tesoros are going away.....got an MXT! old school has its place but start simple and pleasurable like the F2, Delta.

maybe we can get a hunt in somewhere this year!

Did you look at Garrett ACE 250

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately Uncle Sam wanted some extra money this year so my budget is 250.00 max.

Fantastic unit for entry to mid range. Has digital Target ID screen. Is multi-tone. 3 tones that all sound like bells. Just a different pitch. Weight is 2.6 pounds (very light) and uses 4 AA batteries. It can go a looooong time on those 4 batteries. Does not have manual ground balance. It does fine in dry sand but gets chattery on wet salt water beach. Pinpointing takes some time getting use to. Brand new $212 from Kellyco. I have not used Compadre but Tesoro has lifetime warranty so that is a good thing. Compadre is single tone unit. In other words all targets will sound the same. Weight is 2.2 pounds and uses a single 9 volt. You do not get much lighter than that. I can not say how it would do on sand.

Pin pointer

greetings gagold, I live in east central Alabama and if your soil is like ours, you will need a machine that is easy to set up and ground balances good. The Garrett ace 350 or the AT Pro would both be good choices. Depending on how much you want to spend. I had a 6000 and it was a lot of trouble to ground balance. Whenever I did get it set the ground would change and I would be balancing it all over again. I currently use the Garrett AT Pro and love this machine. Also get a good pin pointer. This will save you tons of digging. Garrett pro pointer is what I use. Kellyco has great deals on all detectors. Give Scott a call and tell him Matt Dismukes referred you. Hope this helps.

+1 Garrett Pro Pointer is a must

Back
Top Bottom