925 china???

trout

Forum Supporter
The wife and I just got back from Myrtle Beach. other than some clad she found a hair clip stamped 925 china and was wondering if anyone knows what this means. I tried searching the net but lots of conflicting statements.

Thanks
trout

The wife and I just got back from Myrtle Beach. other than some clad she found a hair clip stamped 925 china and was wondering if anyone knows what this means. I tried searching the net but lots of conflicting statements.

Thanks
trout

I did a search and several results indicate it's related to the silver content.

An ebay page had a listing for a "STERLING SILVER MINI HAIR CLAW CLIP .925"

and here is a quote from an info page on another site -

"Sterling silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by weight of silver and 7.5% by weight of other metals, usually copper. The sterling silver standard has a minimum millesimal fineness of 925."

that quote is from - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_silver

With any jewelry, its good to be a bit cautious...Theres lots of fakes out there that are marked 925 and some is marked 14k Italy, Still, good job on getting out and finding it! Hope its the real deal there!
Mud

With any jewelry, its good to be a bit cautious...Theres lots of fakes out there that are marked 925 and some is marked 14k Italy, Still, good job on getting out and finding it! Hope its the real deal there!
Mud

Yeah, with all the fake Morgans and stuff from China it's always good to maintain a bit of skepticism.

Back
Top Bottom