• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Where to return a Nel Attack Coil to?

Minelab stopped doing it because customers were doing same thing as now, requesting mods then not happy with the coil installed and want a refund.

Minelab repair center is not a warranty center for all other brands, if repair center can see an issue with a coil they will try to work with manufacturer to get it rolved but if there is no signs of a problem they are not going to eat the cost of the coil or what ever mod was done, customers need to go to the manufacturer to pursue the warranty.

There was no signs of a failure in this case, per Dave the engineer that works on the detectors it passed a bench test, field test in their test garden and it ran stable in their salt water tank for several hours.

Listen, you said it was working as it's supposed to and I believed you. I used it making sure I didn't go near the water's edge because it's UNUSABLE there. I ran it over dry sand and even totally in water just fine. You said that is how it's supposed to be. Since it can't touch anything at all while in use I ran it 3 inches off the ground, which negates the fact that it goes deep but who cares? (besides ME!) You said it's just sensitive, so did the manufacturer but it's UNUSABLE at 1 sensitivity at the water line, if that's how it's supposed to be then the 15 inch Nel Attack coil SUCKS!!

But explain this to me as I ran into Bob Spratley on the beach and he has a 15 inch Nel attack coil, exactly like mine, on a machine, the blue excal, exactly as mine and HIS DOESN'T do what mine does. MINE IS DEFECTIVE and thanks to Kellyco and NEL I'm stuck with it!!!!! ENOUGH SAID.

Last edited:
I believe they told you to return it to NEL for warranty issues, the repair center is not a NEL warranty center.

Per Dave the repair center isn't saying there can't be an issue, they are saying they can not see a failure with it during bench test, field test and salt water tank test, so warranty has to be handled through NEL.

Unless the repair center can get NEL to agree to allow Minelab Repair to get credit for accepting coil under warranty even though there are no signs of failure in their tests you will need to send it to NEL. Dave said it passed bench test, field test and it past a salt water tank test with it being stable while running in the tank for several hours.

I believe they told you to return it to NEL for warranty issues, the repair center is not a NEL warranty center.

Per Dave the repair center isn't saying there can't be an issue, they are saying they can not see a failure with it during bench test, field test and salt water tank test, so warranty has to be handled through NEL.

Unless the repair center can get NEL to agree to allow Minelab Repair to get credit for accepting coil under warranty even though there are no signs of failure in their tests you will need to send it to NEL. Dave said it passed bench test, field test and it past a salt water tank test with it being stable while running in the tank for several hours.

The only time Kellyco Repairs tested it was when they first put it on and it wasn't Dave who put it on it was Barry. Dave only saw it when I brought it back because it was wired backwards. He then handed it back to me saying it was fixed after having it just a few minutes NOT HOURS and he never took it outside that day. I took it to the beach and the backwards wiring part was better as that affected pinpointing not the sensitivity issue. Then after repeated calls to Marty, whom I believe is you, you kept telling me that it's a sensitive coil and sounds like it's working properly. I believed you until I found proof that it's not by seeing someone else with the same coil and seeing how theirs ran, SMOOTH AS BUTTER AT THE WATERLINE. NO FALSING Even with sensitivity at 7.

Look it's clear Kellyco has no desire to help me even though it was they who put the coil on and they who sold it to me. This post isn't to you or Kellyco, they don't even reply to my emails anymore. It was to ask who to send the coil to, which I still don't know. Since nobody seems willing to step up to a defective coil and replace it my only thing left to do is let everyone I know what my experience was and suggest they never get a 15 Inch Nel Attack Coil.

Last edited:
You contact Nel, at the address on the warranty card.

I know both Dave and Marty, Dave is one of my hunting partners and I visit the repair center couple times a week to have lunch with them. I'm 68 worked 43 years telcom and fully retired now, I have no desire to work a full time job but I do monitor the forums for Kellyco and can get members some good deals. I also do field tests for Kellyco.

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

You contact Nel, at the address on the warranty card.

I know both Dave and Marty, Dave is one of my hunting partners and I visit the repair center couple times a week to have lunch with them. I'm 68 and fully retired, I have no desire to work a full time job but I do monitor the forums for Kellyco and can get members some good deals. I also do field tests for Kellyco.

DT2016

Okay so since I don't have a warranty card does anyone have one with the address on it that they'd share with me? Man this is like pulling teeth!

I remember when Kellyco used to have people here that actually cared about support. Would do just about anything to make sure you were taken care of. It seems all that is gone. Sad.

At least I know whom to not do business with again.

Here you go....

http://nel-coils.com/index.php/en/warranty

DT2016

Thanks but since Kellyco won't reply to my emails asking for a copy of the order number and date I can't fill that out fully and send it in.

Also that link reads:

If you have purchased a product outside of Ukraine you must return it with your proof of purchase to your local dealer who will handle the warranty claims. Ensure you include your return address and phone number whenever returning a product.

Isn't my local dealer Kellyco since I bought it from them?

Back
Top Bottom