Magellan eXplorist 110 Handheld GPS

Xaquin

Elite Member
Anyone use one of these?

I have a line on one for about $75 =)

I need to be abe to put in destinations and have the device lead me there and that's it lol

If anyone here has or has used one, let me know how it works for you!

I use an older model of this, I use it mainly to return to the truck, when I finish detecting. If You have a specific location it will show You the way. Good tool to use.

awesome!

how close can you zoom in? does it show any topo?

also, if I change the batteries, does it wipe out any information you've entered?

Gps

I think a GPS is almost a must have item for keeping track of the history of your hunting which can be very important if you frequent the same areas, I also think it's nice to have a record of your finds so you can determine if an area has been hunted out. This is all speculation on my part because I still have a foot of snow on the ground and have yet to take my detector out to even try to test this theory! ...... but I'm not complaining! much :frustrated:

Probably a real good idea for hunting in the woods. I used to wander around quite a bit as a youngster, but was pretty good at keeping track of land marks, and remembering trails. Could imagine not taking careful notes, while swing a coil though. There were a few times, late in the day, when it was tough finding the right trails, even tougher to force your way through heavy growth in the general direction you need to go, if you lose the game trail you went in on. Can't also travel in a straight line out in the woods. There was no GPS back then, even a compass wasn't much use.

Back
Top Bottom