Deus full tones.

ghound

Elite Member
I like the Deus full tones, but i'm worried i'm missing the small stuff in iron.
When i place a coin beside a nail, the nail drags the tone for the coin down low to a point that my ears has probs telling the difference, i'd easily think it's iron.
The coin ID's in the mid 50's @18khz
Listen to the tones in the vid, is it just my ears?

https://youtu.be/6cO31aevD8g

Looking at you vid, normal ops.
Basically Deus when you were sweeping with nail real close to coin,,,no cigar.
A person won't get the clues for digging a nonferrous find/coin.

Down the barrel on a nail is tough even for Deus, due to coil sizes used.
Will the new HF elliptical do better?
Maybe.

But don't get overly dissapointed, because Deus does offer some of the best 3d unmasking available,,,if settings are dialed in correctly.

The Deus does have more what I call reach around affect for detecting nonferrous in iron.
Does the round coil design help here vs say an elliptical coil on the reach around affect?

IMO opinion if the nonferrous object is round button/coin shaped,,,unmasking of these shapes of nonferous can't hide as easily from Deus vs out a round, irregular, porous finished objects.

I don't know what disc settings you are using, I like using full tones, 18khz, disc set to -3.0 to -2.5.
I have had some very good luck using these settings, even hunting behind myself with sites hunted with Deus 2.0 and 3.2.

Sorta off topic, but applies here due to your video.
Yes, very possible to hunt behind Deus, using other Vlf detectors with small coils and make some finds, even coins.
Of course not all Vlf detectors wearing smaller coils are created equal for sniffing the nonferrous out of iron.

You may find helpful info in this thread.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=244524

Last edited:
I had disc set on zero, it's better in the other tone settings and the pitch is probably the best/easiest for my hearing, but drop below reactivity 2.5 and the coin disappears.
Just a little disappointed with full tones but i have been finding coins in very busy ground, it defo reads the ground different to other machines i've used.

I had disc set on zero, it's better in the other tone settings and the pitch is probably the best/easiest for my hearing, but drop below reactivity 2.5 and the coin disappears.
Just a little disappointed with full tones but i have been finding coins in very busy ground, it defo reads the ground different to other machines i've used.

A tip.

Since you were a Rutus user,,and I have run .Deus a long time,,and a Rutus quite a bit.
In your mind, when you are trying to relate Deus reactvity setting to what you use to use with Rutus subtract one level using Deus.

Also, you'll see if you haven't already,,,a reactvity setting of 3 on Deus, sure it will separate well, but might miss a find due to taller grass, stubble,,whereas reacivty 2.0 or 2.5 might sneak out the find.

Reactive 2.5 was a very, very good addition to Deus with version 4.

Of course in heavier iron and nails,,with some additional coil height having to be used, manage sweep speed moreso (slower to creeping).

Now, after you find some nonferrous finds in a sitemwithnsomeehat taller grass or stubble,,you may in fact before digging find, raise reactivity to 3 and hear the target.
Does this mean you would have found the target using 3 reactivity?
No
Remember after a suspect target is located, we as users will usually start nestling the coil down closer to the ground ( might even force).

Check out Gary on youtube. He does a lot of deus skill school videos. They are very informative and there is one dedicated to full tones.
Search Deus skill school full tones and his channel comes up

Keep us informed....

Back
Top Bottom