• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Last nights hunt report

Walrus350

Elite Member
Hit a 1gram 14k VDI 8. The tone didn't really didn't pop so I was 70% sure it was a gold ring before I dug it.
Then I hit a plated shell pendant. VDI 8, sturdy beep.
Last good find a steady, solid double tone VDI 17. I knew I had a ring before it was dug. I assumed rose gold with diamonds but it's marked ECH 925.
I also experienced a clad quarter on edge with a jumpy VDI ranging from -4 to 22.
Times like this I wish I had a chest camera mount.

Attachments

• IRS20180919_162610.jpg
    IRS20180919_162610.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 339
  • IRS20180919_162628.jpg
    IRS20180919_162628.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 304
Congrats on the nice loot. I also have been getting negative and positive readings for clad. The time I have come across this in when there’s black sand, deep, on edge, tarnish (brown/green patina). There have been times when I don’t get a repeatable signal and only a slight beep. I have dug many signals this way for peace of mind and they have been coins 90% of the time. Good luck and HH

Oscar

Congrats on the nice loot. I also have been getting negative and positive readings for clad. The time I have come across this in when there’s black sand, deep, on edge, tarnish (brown/green patina). There have been times when I don’t get a repeatable signal and only a slight beep. I have dug many signals this way for peace of mind and they have been coins 90% of the time. Good luck and HH

Oscar

Here's the plot twist. It was about 4-6 inches down in wet,black sand.It ID'd 29,30. When I dug it and saw it on the surface, on edge, I swung the coil over it and that's when VDI jumped everywhere.

I got this gold signal plus some nulling. I dug the hole and found a ss ring. I reached the hole and go the nulling again. While swinging my coil I saw the rim of a coin, pulled it out and it was a green quarter. I checked the hole once more and there was nothing else. I also do dry sand hunting and everything rings/beeps as they should.

Good to hear from some Fellow CA people .

Let's hope this winter has some whopping swells/storms to erode our beaches. Last winter was rather lame and calm .

Back
Top Bottom