• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Can't wake up early enough to go to the beach

needler420

Elite Member
I keep staying up too late and sleeping in too late. My schedule is messed up. I been trying to make it out to the beach for the last two weeks.

Is it safe to metal detect a beach at night? like Tampa?

I keep staying up too late and sleeping in too late. My schedule is messed up. I been trying to make it out to the beach for the last two weeks.

Is it safe to metal detect a beach at night? like Tampa?

I don't live anywhere near Tampa.. but I assume like anywhere else at night.. Keep your head on a swivel and be ready to quick draw the Digger when needed.

I don't live anywhere near Tampa.. but I assume like anywhere else at night.. Keep your head on a swivel and be ready to quick draw the Digger when needed.

Good advice! ne situational aware at all times even in the light of day. Also pick you beach wisely. Beaches that are a hang out are a no-no but those with some traffic and somewhat lit by surrounding lights and bulidings I'd say are better choices.

I'll probably try to nap and make it out there during the day instead to maximize my hunt. Dealing with the wet sand and incoming tide at night while trying to be aware sounds difficult. I'd go fishing too but surf fishing is difficult too on the Atlantic:laughing:

I have a hard enough time figuring out how to dig a target with a incoming wave? Only my coil is water proof. My box unit is not so I can't exactly lay it down to search a target.

not to sure about you East coasters, but SoCal low tides have been in the super late night, very early AM hours ALL yr so far. Mind you, I'm a night owl and I even work 3rd shift but it sucks when you want to get out in the water and it's 3am.. No thanks.... I guess on a side note: That just leaves more for later since no one else is out there up to their necks in the middle of the night.

Back
Top Bottom