What is the best for old silver in heavy iron

notlost4long

What detectors would be the best right now in old homesites where iron nails are everywhere. Looking primaraly for old coins.
I know the E-trac is the best for old deep silver but I have heard it is very slow and not good in iron infested sites. Would the safari be any better in this condition?
What about the Tejon,AT Pro, minelab 705,cz 3d?
anyone have an idea what is the best for this and forget about the CTX3030 and DEUS way out of my leage. But I want to go deep and unmask the good stuff..Thanks for any help and opinions..

I would get either a etrac or se pro and run it in ttf on the etrac or an open screen and ferous sounds on the se, with a 6x8 sef coil if its that trashy

Get ya a Judge 2.

This guy has the threshold set way too high but still a good demo of how it sees through iron. I've pulled up dimes at 8-9 in, quarters up to 12 in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0D8lZic39A

Thanks for posting the video, The Tejon does that good on iron too but I am wondering about depth as well. Basically an E-trac that see's throigh iron?. but I may be asking for to much..

I would get either a etrac or se pro and run it in ttf on the etrac or an open screen and ferous sounds on the se, with a 6x8 sef coil if its that trashy

Yes very trashy! what about the safari or is it just not in the same leage as the SE and E-trac? also does that 5x8 loose a lot of depth?

If you want to find coins in trash without spending your life savings on a big-priced detector, instead buy the smallest coil made for your current detector.

Those little sniper coils can sniff out the good stuff much better than the regular coils, and trashy areas you thought were cleaned out will produce again.

My Etrac way out preformed my ATPro in trashy old house lots. I would think you would have to go slow with any detector in trashy areas.

ATPro w/ 5x8

I second this, I had fantastic results using the small DD in a beach area where old wooden docks were and burned years ago.

The place is carpeted with square nails, spikes, sheet metal and old coins & jewelry.

My Etrac way out preformed my ATPro in trashy old house lots. I would think you would have to go slow with any detector in trashy areas.

Thanks I was wanting to know how the E-trac handled the Iron. I know the E-trac will find the deep silver but did not know how the seperation was as I saw a video on the SE Pro and it would not hit on a silver dollar next to iron even if it was several inches away. They said it was a great machine but did terrible in really trashy sites. Do you use a smaller coil?.

But the Etrqc would seem out of his price range...

It's not out of my range but getting close. I would rather not spend that much but if it's the only way to go then hey I might pull the trigger however the Deus and CTX 3030 are just getting out of hand probable good machines but to rich for my blood..:no:

I second this, I had fantastic results using the small DD in a beach area where old wooden docks were and burned years ago.

The place is carpeted with square nails, spikes, sheet metal and old coins & jewelry.

What kind of depth you all getting with the AT Pro especially in trash?.

Back
Top Bottom