C&G Wildcat detector.

kelpike

Elite Member
Considering buying this just as a collectable. Is this even a collectable detector and what would be a good price to pay? It's model 600-1 C. It's in great shape. This picture isn't it, but this is what it looks like.

Attachments

• addon.jpg
    addon.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 4,513
  • detector.jpg
    detector.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 4,309
Working at Bounty Hunter in 1975, Jack Gifford and Ray Crum, decided to form their own metal detecting company (C&G Technology), which they founded in 1976. C&G was successful with a number of Jack Gifford's designs (the Bobcat, Lynx and the Wildcat). Of course Jack Gifford founded Tesoro Electronics in 1980(?).
http://www.tesoro.com/info/about/about.html

The machine is worth $200-$500.00 depending on the amount of collectors at the auction - In my untrained opinion. Good Luck!

Considering buying this just as a collectable. Is this even a collectable detector and what would be a good price to pay? It's model 600-1 C. It's in great shape. This picture isn't it, but this is what it looks like.

Hi,
the 2nd pic you posted is in fact the pic I posted in internet from my hunting
in South America 2008. I still have this Wildcat.:cool:

The owner says its from the 60's. It is hard to find info on this machine thats for sure.

Hi kelpike,
I just found the original instruction manual that came along with the
Wildcat that I bought in Oregon. Let me take some pics of them for you.
Glad to help a Friendly Metal Detector Forum's buddy ;)
I'll post the pics later.HH
Ramm
PS:
it also came with some Garrett propaganda from the 1980's :laughing:

Attachments

• wildcat 001.jpg
    wildcat 001.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 4,032
  • wildcat 002.jpg
    wildcat 002.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 3,885
  • wildcat instructions manual 010.jpg
    wildcat instructions manual 010.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 3,931
Instruction's Manual

Here are the promised pics.I hope you can zoom them to
be able to read clearly.If not,I'll try to make some partial
pics.

Attachments

• wildcat instructions manual 004.jpg
    wildcat instructions manual 004.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 4,087
  • wildcat instructions manual 003.jpg
    wildcat instructions manual 003.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 4,058
  • wildcat instructions manual 008.jpg
    wildcat instructions manual 008.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 4,079
  • wildcat instructions manual 007.jpg
    wildcat instructions manual 007.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 4,040
That is so awesome, I can read each page. Thank you so much. Kinda funny I used one of your pics. It was one of the very few on the internet of the Wildcat. I will post a couple of my own once I pick it up. I am supposed to be getting it on my way home from work tomorrow.

That is so awesome, I can read each page. Thank you so much. Kinda funny I used one of your pics. It was one of the very few on the internet of the Wildcat. I will post a couple of my own once I pick it up. I am supposed to be getting it on my way home from work tomorrow.

I'm glad I could help you. Please,let us know how you test it and your
first impressions about it .
This is ,in my opinion, a very sensitive MD with manual ground balance.Unfortunately I didn't master
it back then in 2008.So I guess I used only 70% out of its operating level.Even though I found many old
coins !
Last pic is my niece using the Wildcat at an historic place.

Attachments

• molino quemado 4.jpg
    molino quemado 4.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 3,934
  • molino quemado 5.jpg
    molino quemado 5.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 3,813
  • morlan 4.jpg
    morlan 4.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 3,890
  • playa fomento 11.jpg
    playa fomento 11.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 4,186
  • ACE 020.jpg
    ACE 020.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 3,873
  • Andrea en molino.jpg
    Andrea en molino.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 3,871
Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I have not been on the site since my last reply. I did buy it and I think it's awesome. I can't wait to try it out. The only thing I'm bummed about is that mine does not have the American flag on it like yours. It did come with a little plastic stand, a bag but not sure if it's a detector bag, an old Garrett detecting book, and some literature on the C&G models and some older Fisher models. (not the manual though). It's kinda neat to read some of the older stuff. I will try to post some pics this weekend.

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I have not been on the site since my last reply. I did buy it and I think it's awesome. I can't wait to try it out. The only thing I'm bummed about is that mine does not have the American flag on it like yours. It did come with a little plastic stand, a bag but not sure if it's a detector bag, an old Garrett detecting book, and some literature on the C&G models and some older Fisher models. (not the manual though). It's kinda neat to read some of the older stuff. I will try to post some pics this weekend.

Please, keep up informed about your first tests on the field .
To me,it was a little difficult to set the correct disc and ground balance.
But I had no experience with MDs at that time :no:
Perhaps this machine goes not as deep as an ACE250 ,but has an incredible
iron discrimination !
Glad and waiting to see some pics . HH
Rammjäger

Here are a few pics of the machine and what I got with it. It also came with some other literature from back in the day. I bought this for $50. Sorry the pics are so large, I need to learn how to downsize them a little.
0eb1d249.jpg

a3f84549.jpg

17a5f0db.jpg

e6d244c0.jpg

0c26ee23.jpg

Very cool detector. I hope you enjoy hunting with it.

I had a C&G Bobcat as one of my first detectors and I am sorry that I did not keep it, although it probably would not be used a lot. It was a fun machine and very light as I had a chest mount for the electronics and was swinging just the coil and its handle.

Anything with “wildcat” in the name MUST be good!:yes: It’s cool seeing these first machines to let us know how far things have come. Imagine if the hobby weren’t advanced from that stage for some reason....we would all be looking for these to go hunting with! I can’t imagine....:lol:

the super thick coil does not pick up signals on top. many people wave a handful of dirt on top looking for a target when hunting, not on that unit. you can ram it under most monkey bars. its real neat but old school. wrist breaker.
i suggest chest mount. i had one and sent it to an older man that loved it, had one before. . he has since passed and his family.. well so much for anything. he left it overseas in the mission field . great man. God rest him. mine was used a lot and pawned by family of another man when he died. the pawnshop owner said he hunted at night and cleaned under the high school and ballpark metal bleachers with it. scored a lot of finds. the coil was the amazing thing. non conductive on top. that one looks pristine. good luck the instructions are on-line. be patient remember its old school with a tuner button you need to hit frequently to retune.

That's a cool piece of history and in mint condition. I'll bet that would wear your arm out in no time.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom