Are you guys nerds?

Rat64

So, I am anxiously awaiting my first ever MD, which I received yesterday, and my wife is sparing no opportunity to make fun of me.

She told me I need to buy some short shorts, tube socks, black shoes, some manner of plaid fanny pack and some other stuff. I think she is stereotyping here.

But it begs the question, are you guys nerds or what? How do I counter this constant barrage of negativity from my much better half?

when you start finding all the silver, gold platinum, then ask her if your still a nerd!

Nah!

But some of us really like to dress the part.

Attachments

• 00297313.jpg
    00297313.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 30,910
I am constantly hearing this from my wife and son. They ask me if I'm nerding today and don't forget your geek stick. I hear(sung to the tune of gold fever) Nerd, Nerd,Nerd,Nerd,Nerd,fever. I just shrug it off and know that they trying to get me going. Hey, there are worse hobby's. I love my hobby and ignore everything negative.

Comes with the territory. We are an understood hobby. Once they see you getting outside, enjoying the weather, the sun, the exploring, the history and your cool finds.... you might "convert' someone.

I got long black tube socks from a close friend for my birthday- she says, to wear while metal detecting. I think I might just wear them with shorts while out in public just for fun.

A techno-geek yes at times, a nerd no. I love the technology itself and Am not one of those who builds it, though I do study it to see why it does what it does.

my son and daughter and sometimes the wife will come with me, so I don't get much hassle from them or from friends when I show them all of the stuff i've found.

Not a nerd either!! I am a slight techno geek (I still have a disc called Linux 1.0 from a pc mag somewhere around here). Used to be mostly computer stuff, but now it's turning into phone stuff. Best thing to bring into the bathroom since indoor plumbing.

I powerlift (not so heavy since back issues), do most outdoor sports/activities work on the house (just put in 4 rooms of engineered flooring and redid our cabintes) bottle dig and MD.

I play guitar, collect books and read a few hrs per day/night. So I'm either a well rounded nerd or a guy who loves MD'ing.

So, I am anxiously awaiting my first ever MD, which I received yesterday, and my wife is sparing no opportunity to make fun of me.

She told me I need to buy some short shorts, tube socks, black shoes, some manner of plaid fanny pack and some other stuff. I think she is stereotyping here.

But it begs the question, are you guys nerds or what? How do I counter this constant barrage of negativity from my much better half?

Holy !!!! !!

She just described the exact outfit I was wearing yesterday :wow:

You're friends with edbassmaster?:wow:

He is one of my best friends. My wife and his wife are great friends too. We were in Atlantic City this past weekend and we get a house at the beach together each year too. We usually hang out at least every other weekend if not more.

Glad you guys liked the video. I posted it here before and some of the long time detecting guys didnt like it. It is just a joke and Ed pokes fun at so many things.

Back
Top Bottom