Destin Florida

davidlhyde63366

Forum Supporter
May go there for a few days early June on a extended family vacation , is it worth bringing the detector along will not get much detecting time only while family and relatives in the water. Any places that we should see , and any dog friendly places that the dog can enjoy with us. Will be traveling with teens- seniors & 13 month old granddaughter . Will also be spending time in Gainesville Florida ,getting a place for our daughter to stay while going to nursing school , buying the house so can detect the whole property.

Destin

When I was on vacation in Destin, I didn't have my detector. I only saw one detectorist in ten days.If I ever get back there, I won't make that mistake!

Wasn't sure about the restrictions there , Florida seems to have so many rules that seem to be diffrent from area to area. Was afraid the beaches might be picked clean there , would really enjoy some beach hunting for a change.

Wasn't sure about the restrictions there , Florida seems to have so many rules that seem to be diffrent from area to area. Was afraid the beaches might be picked clean there , would really enjoy some beach hunting for a change.

Most Florida beaches are open to metal detecting. even state parks on the beach, but stay on the beach.

Only restricted areas I know of is on the Treasure coast east cost where the 11 Spanish gold ships sank off shore. You cannot metal detect in deep water around those wrecks since they are leased by the state to recovery firms. But as far as wading in the ocean near those wrecks it is ok. The wrecks area about a mile off shore, way too deep for wading.

Florida beach hunting

Most Florida beaches are open to metal detecting. even state parks on the beach, but stay on the beach.

Only restricted areas I know of is on the Treasure coast east cost where the 11 Spanish gold ships sank off shore. You cannot metal detect in deep water around those wrecks since they are leased by the state to recovery firms. But as far as wading in the ocean near those wrecks it is ok. The wrecks area about a mile off shore, way too deep for wading.

Thanks for the information

I guess you could always hope some of that gold washed in to the shoreline after years of the tide coming in :lol:
:detector:

(I'd think twice about getting in the water though with the microbes that was warned about elsewhere, they could be there too maybe)

Destin area

I guess you could always hope some of that gold washed in to the shoreline after years of the tide coming in :lol:
:detector:

(I'd think twice about getting in the water though with the microbes that was warned about elsewhere, they could be there too maybe)

May have to keep the younger people out of the water if there is any microbes issues there. Been a while since I was in Florida really looking forward to getting back there again. Last time I was in Florida I was still new to detecting had little idea what I was doing.

May have to keep the younger people out of the water if there is any microbes issues there. Been a while since I was in Florida really looking forward to getting back there again. Last time I was in Florida I was still new to detecting had little idea what I was doing.

Actually according to a news article some older men are more at risk from the microbes, check out the thread at the link below it lists a second article too later in the thread which relates to Florida -

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=272784

Back
Top Bottom