Gold chain makes my day

REAL_RAT_FINK

Forum Supporter
Beautiful day detecting in SoCal. Got in a quick hunt at the lake and found junk, junk, and more junk. I have become a firm believer in metal detecting karma. The more trash you can throw away (plastic included) the better the finds come your way.

On my way to the car I saw a nice washed out area and was honing in on a signal. A few inches away I see yellow chain sprawled out where the water left it to dry. See if you can spot it in the first or second pic, just as I found it.

Was a good thing it was surface find, nox couldn't see this one. 3 grams of 14k. Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• 20190416_084030 (1).jpg
    20190416_084030 (1).jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 577
  • 20190416_084023.jpg
    20190416_084023.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 590
  • 20190416_084015.jpg
    20190416_084015.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 581
  • 20190416_084034.jpg
    20190416_084034.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 573
  • 20190416_090935.jpg
    20190416_090935.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 544
Awesome in the wild pictures..

Congrats, it amazes me how many chains there are and we all pass over them without a peep..

<°)))>{

Impressive eyeball find! Funny how the nox couldn't see it, I thought that was it's specialty? :roll:

:dingding: That's not so small. You should try different settings and get back on the results on that.

The Nox and I have something in common, I couldn't see it in the first two photos either. :D Good eye and find. Out of curiosity did you try different settings on the Nox to see if it would pick it up?

The Nox and I have something in common, I couldn't see it in the first two photos either. :D Good eye and find. Out of curiosity did you try different settings on the Nox to see if it would pick it up?

Im going to do some testing on this one. It seemed like it should have picked it up, even though there is no clasp. Ill give it another go on different settings.

I like the photographic effect of the multiple pix that zoom in on the shot. Fun story. And good to see some CA action !

Beautiful day detecting in SoCal. Got in a quick hunt at the lake and found junk, junk, and more junk. I have become a firm believer in metal detecting karma. The more trash you can throw away (plastic included) the better the finds come your way.

On my way to the car I saw a nice washed out area and was honing in on a signal. A few inches away I see yellow chain sprawled out where the water left it to dry. See if you can spot it in the first or second pic, just as I found it.

Was a good thing it was surface find, nox couldn't see this one. 3 grams of 14k. Happy Hunting!

OK< that was cool how you zoomed in. I couldn't see it at first, then whammo, it was there. VERY AWESOME> great eyeball find!

:dingding: That's not so small. You should try different settings and get back on the results on that.

By weight it's not tiny, but it's made from a bunch of tiny links. I've always heard and found it to be true that our machines only see the individual pieces. Sightly oxidized, that chain might not have that good of conductivity between the links either.

A good test subject indeed..

<°)))>{

took me 3 tries to fine it :mad:,had to line it up with the long rock next to it:wow:, yes i believe in karma, keep the beach clean and you will fine the treasure:yes:

Back
Top Bottom