"COIN METAMORPHOSIS" Here's My Annual Gold Coin I Bought This Year With Clad Quarters And Clad Dimes

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
best-1.jpg

I cashed in my loot at the bank and kept enough money to purchase a limited "GOLD PENNY" struck at the Canada Mint in celebration of the last year we produced pennies. No more pennies will be minted. It's been a long time coming. I have been collecting gold coins for the past 20 years or so. Before gold sky-rocketed in price, I could purchase a gold coin with just the pennies I dug up, hence the term "COIN METAMORPHOSIS" or turning copper into gold.

Below are some of my gold coins purchased in the past.

goldtwo3.jpg

I have included in the above photo a Roman coin, purchased with the old 1810-1070 Ceylon for $73.00, back when gold was much cheaper per ounce.

one2-5.jpg

Attachments

• smaller (2).jpg
    smaller (2).jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 551
Gold!

Thats a good looking gold coin...congrats on the metamorphosis. I did a similar metamorphosis this year...except I bought a "Binion" collection silver type set! BTW...I love Canadian coins, especially the maple leafs...good looking coins!

Congrats...

at the end of the day that clad is still money...ive got a couple of gold coins and quite a few silver ones...but golds always the best..even platinum isnt as good cos it looks like silver as does palladium.

Cant beat a nice bit of gold

wow... NICE!! what a collection you have!

do you base your coin on the amount of clad..cos some of yours are going to be small 1/25 oz and some like the half sov at 3.99g (consisting of 1/10oz of pure gold)?

I only know this cos im british and cos i have the half sov and a 1/10 oz kangaroo which is .9999 and the sovereign is bigger and the kangaroo is like the size of a dress shirt button

do you base your coin on the amount of clad..cos some of yours are going to be small 1/25 oz and some like the half sov at 3.99g (consisting of 1/10oz of pure gold)?

I only know this cos im british and cos i have the half sov and a 1/10 oz kangaroo which is .9999 and the sovereign is bigger and the kangaroo is like the size of a dress shirt button

I usually decide on which coin to buy based on how much clad I find and the cost of the gold coin.

Too cool!

The mint sold out of these for $129. They contain ~$70 worth of gold. I see them on ebay for double the original cost...

Nice Investment

John I remember years back when you said you were going to start buing Gold with your Clad Digs... Nice Collection and investment.

Philo_NY

I figure paying for my sons education paid me more back...hes off into the airforce next year as a second lieutenant so I'm expecting free flights, if not in a fighter, at least in his bosses jet when he flies private jets...lol

Back
Top Bottom