MXT All Pro

Rascus

Can anyone who knows this machine tell me what are the best settings to start out with.........Just starting to learn the machine...thanks Rascus

I have a MXT and I have been using the relic mode lately with trigger in the forward position for discrimination of junk But my silver and gold counts seem to have gone down so I might try going back to the all metal mode for a while or start digging more penny signals have gotten lazy lately and been aiming at the quarter signals of 83ish you can go to the Whites web site or MXT sight and find more info than you ever thought you needed but nothing is better than practice practice practice and pay attn. to the numbers as you dig . you will learn they are very accurate on the clad. I found this guide to be A HUGE HELP I don't know why they don't add it to the manual????? Whites take note!

Rudy has some great threads in here on the original MXT. Try a "Search" in the How to Use section of the forum.

Can anyone who knows this machine tell me what are the best settings to start out with.........Just starting to learn the machine...thanks Rascus

Hello Rascus,
the MXT's are great all purpose machines.

Do you have the manual? Think so, but if not, you can download it for free here: MANUAL

To me the best setting to start in different environments is the relic mode in two tone ID and trac setting to ground. This way I can listen to all targets and decide on tone and bar confidence to dig or not. Disc will set the level where the low tone for trash changes to the high tone for good targets.

Reading the manual helped a lot to get familiar with this detector...-and digging...(lot of work but helps to understand what the 'tector is telling).
And with some time and practice I was able to tell what's under the coil.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom