Headphones & Twigs

GoldAudio

I got so frustrated today...

Was in a overgrown and brushy site and could not keep my headphones on. Everytime I ducked under, turned around or stooped down to dig my headphones kept falling off from being snagged on twigs.

Has someone found a fix? Besides duct tape? Chinstrap maybe? lol

It REALLY slowed me down today and i was talking like a sailor.

I had a similar problem when I got started. I'm 6'4", and was never much of a headphones fan for music, but didn't want to draw a lot of attention from a beeping machine. Normal cords aren't quite long enough to allow me to move freely, or dig without taking them off, or unplugging them. Tried an extension, helped some, but still got snagged some, cord got in the way. Didn't like being on a leash, and having to focus so much attention on the cord and headphones. Decided to go wireless. Went with BlueTooth, so I could use a single. lightweight earpiece, leaving one ear open, so I can hard what's going on around me. Lot's of folks warned me there was a delay, or lag, with Bluetooth, making it useless. Thinking the opinion was formed on an older version. My setup uses Version 2.3, don't see an noticeable delay, pinpointing still within a couple of inches. Can't honestly say I'm dead on, as I give myself a few inches, so I don't gouge my targets with the digging tool. Bluetooth continues to evolve and improve, at Version 4.0 currently, so some of the previous version stuff can be found at a more reasonable price, surplus ($30-$40 range) for a transmitter Version 2.3, and earpieces, earbuds, headphones are in a similar price range, even receivers, so you can still plug in what you like to wear.

Been using this setup for a couple years, works well for me. There are other wireless headphone options, cost the same or more, often need an inline volume control, stuck with only one headphone option, either the transmitter or headphones get damaged or fail, you'll need to replace the whole set.

The only real problem, my earpiece only lasts about 2 hours on a charge. Usually fine, most of the time. Doesn't take long to recharge, can go to a set of earbuds to finish a hunt, or while it recharges.

I run the cord up thru my shirt when in brushy cond

Ok , I like that thought.

It was more limbs hitting top of my head and knocking them off. The Garrett headphones have a big padded support so they stick up a bit. I tried rotating them where the top was on back of my neck but that didnt work.

Im wondering why headphones are standard gear vs. earbuds. With the AT Pro it would be a major mod but may try that if I come across a spare plug.

Ok , I like that thought.

It was more limbs hitting top of my head and knocking them off. The Garrett headphones have a big padded support so they stick up a bit. I tried rotating them where the top was on back of my neck but that didnt work.

Im wondering why headphones are standard gear vs. earbuds. With the AT Pro it would be a major mod but may try that if I come across a spare plug.

Get the adapter and try they before making them. I've tried earbuds in the past and have always found them to have a bit of a muted tone. The tones tend to be much more clear and pronounce with the head phones for me. I'm sure you will get others that will not agree but that's just my experience with the two.

Back
Top Bottom