Gold Coin! - Gold RIng! - Dancing The Beefcake At The High School...

CyberSage

Elite Member
Gold Coin! - Gold Ring! - Dancing The Beefcake At The High School...

I went back to the sports field at the old High school today. I started in the same corner where I found all the stuff from the "High School Daze" post I made earlier this week. I had visions of Silver in my head. I moved at a slow pace and overlapped my swings and listened, listened for that sweet sound of Silver. 20 feet into the hunt I got a solid Nickel hit, a 19-20 VDI with a tall Sinagragh reading. I never pass up a Nickel because it just might be a Gold ring. I pinpointed to 3 inches and dug. It crossed my mind that a Buffalo Nickel would be nice to find. I folded the horseshoe of grass over and didn't even have a chance to use the DX-1 probe. What popped out of the hole was a total surprise.

[PBV]http://vid120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/HSGoldRing-1.flv[/PBV]

The coin turned out to be a .900 1945 Gold "Dos Pesos". I have learned that this is a quite common gold bullion coin. It is very popular for use in jewelry. Rumor has it that the 1945 coins where re-struck at a later date for this purpose. This is my third gold ring and the largest.

HSGoldR1.jpg

This ring was huge! It easily slipped onto my fat finger.

HSGoldR2.jpg

The ring weighed in at 8 grams. Not bad for a days swing'in. :tumble: The "Beefcake dance started around now...:spin::tumble::spin: I hunted another 45 minutes and could not concentrate, so I packed up the gear and headed home. What a great way to start the weekend.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

WOW! :wow: Yet, another example of why you go back to re-hunt the same places! :yes:

Excellent and beautiful find, Jack! I love the look of that ring.

Next time you do have to post a video of the "dance." ;)

It doesnt get much better than that, I mean, jeez, a gold coin and a MONSTER gold ring with one dirt plug???

This should be the season of the 20 minute hunts. All of the best finds on the forum this season have been from really short hunts!!!

Thank you for sharing.

WAY TO GO!

Back
Top Bottom