Before/After Cleaning Again

RustedShut

Forum Supporter
I am having fun experimenting with the new HF tumbler. These were 13 hours with water, gravel, and a few drops of Dawn dish soap.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387138796834.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387138796834.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 655
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387138811828.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387138811828.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 639
Try play sand, and soapy water , my coins look the same or worse before and clean up better after about 4 or 5 hours tumbling and I don't separate them anymore.

I have a homemade tumbler that i made from a printer and I use about two cups of play sand from the sand box and a little dish soap and water . and yes I just throw a mix of coins in at once usually ten to fifteen dollars per batch , I do find a high percentage of quarters but it all goes in .

Thinking of building my own tumbler as well. Was going to try and cobble something together using the motor out of and old cordless drill. Just trying to find a transformer with enough power to push it since the batteries are completely shot. Tried wiring it to a 12 v 750 ma plug in I used experiment with electrolysis but it would just barely turn it. Don't think it would handle any type of load. Then again it's one of those 18 V craftman drills so I didn't think it would anyway. Need to start digging through some more of my junk drawers and see what I can find. Maybe I can wire it to my old computer power supply or something else silly. Just need to wait until after the holidays before I burn down my house.

how to tumbler

I bought an old printer at goodwill for $2.00 that's right 2.00. I then took all the plastic of the outside and wired the drive motor directly to the power supply to get rid of all the switch mechanisms so it would run all the time instead of stopping when the paper was out. I use a kind of rectangular juice bottle so the coins agitate more . A hand full of play sand and some water and about four hours and coins are quite clean and I don't separate clad no copper transfer with just water , no vinegar or whatnot. sorry I don't remember what model you will h ave to look at the drive rollers to see if they look the right spacing HP i think you will have to change the bottle once in a while because as I found out the messy way they will where thru after 5 or 6 batches I would estimate I have cleaned about $ 600.00 in clad over the last two years and still running strong despite the TINY BELT. I just love being thrifty when it works so well. note round bottle did not work near as well.

You wasted 12 hours. They would look the same after 1 hour. Read my posts on what to use to make your old dirty coins look like new coins.

All it takes for me is 30 mins tops. Have a tumbler and a little white vinegar, rock salt and some rocks and your done! 2 or more hours is a waste of time.

ATPro Dude

AWESOME!

That drum idea is perfect. TY for the link. I'm in the process of designing a tumbler using...

A rotisserie motor, bicycle sprockets, and bicycle chain.

Home made 5-speed tumbler. :D

I will dub thee...Sir SpinAlot. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom