Al copone

joshpughnaples

I have been doing alot of research on my area trying to find sites to hunt I found this info on the web--- Pinecrest, just across the county line from Dade county, was a perfect place for Al Capone's home, hotel, and brothel. When the Depression hit it had a devastating affect on Pinecrest. I did some more research and the stairs are still thier.its owned by the park service,would it be worth trying to get permission to hunt on the land or go to the 3 people that live on the 30 mile road and ask to hunt? from what Ive found out from people its also indian land

Sounds very interesting to me. I'd ask everyone I could that is affiliated with it to try and get permission. Worst that can happen is a no.

I have been doing alot of research on my area trying to find sites to hunt I found this info on the web--- Pinecrest, just across the county line from Dade county, was a perfect place for Al Capone's home, hotel, and brothel. When the Depression hit it had a devastating affect on Pinecrest. I did some more research and the stairs are still thier.its owned by the park service,would it be worth trying to get permission to hunt on the land or go to the 3 people that live on the 30 mile road and ask to hunt? from what Ive found out from people its also indian land

Hey, we need to get together and hunt that area. I have done some research and there also used to be a baptist church, the hotel you mention, and a couple other sites within a couple miles of Capones place.

From what I hear the whole thing is very over grown so you might need a machete to get through the brush. I have a feeling that it may have been detected before but any find would be one of those things you brag about to your grandkids so that makes it worth it to me.

If you're going out to Loop Road and have never been out there before, I suggest that you don't go during the rainy season. The majority of Loop Road is comprised of dirt. The road itself seems to be a hair above the water table. It is also riddled with potholes. I'd suggest going in a pickup truck or an SUV. I've seen people stuck out there in regular cars. One guy I saw decided to try to cross in a Honda Prelude and ended up with water inside of his car. What he was thinking, I'll never figure out. Take plenty of water and some food. You don't really appreciate how long that road actually is until you have to drive through it the only way that you can - VERY SLOWLY. Another thing, I would suggest not going alone. There are times when you'll come across people that you just sense are out there doing something that they shouldn't be doing. If you have something to protect yourself with, take that, too. Finally, don't rely on your cell phone because, for the most part, it won't work out there. As an aside, remember that you'll be in the middle of the Everglades, so always be aware of your surroundings. You'll typically see gators crossing the road. It's the ones that you don't see that you have to worry about.

Best of luck to you!

If you're going out to Loop Road and have never been out there before, I suggest that you don't go during the rainy season. The majority of Loop Road is comprised of dirt. The road itself seems to be a hair above the water table. It is also riddled with potholes. I'd suggest going in a pickup truck or an SUV. I've seen people stuck out there in regular cars. One guy I saw decided to try to cross in a Honda Prelude and ended up with water inside of his car. What he was thinking, I'll never figure out. Take plenty of water and some food. You don't really appreciate how long that road actually is until you have to drive through it the only way that you can - VERY SLOWLY. Another thing, I would suggest not going alone. There are times when you'll come across people that you just sense are out there doing something that they shouldn't be doing. If you have something to protect yourself with, take that, too. Finally, don't rely on your cell phone because, for the most part, it won't work out there. As an aside, remember that you'll be in the middle of the Everglades, so always be aware of your surroundings. You'll typically see gators crossing the road. It's the ones that you don't see that you have to worry about.

Best of luck to you!

Excellent info and I have all that covered. I'd fear being snake bit more than anything.

Back
Top Bottom