possible honey hole!

nc_reb

Talking to a long time coworker a while back and he said that he could grant me access to an area on his family's property where "legend" has it, that was a revolutionary war muster site. It seems that this location was one of the few bridges across the Cape Fear River in this area, and was therefore chosen as the muster site. After a little research, the spot was mentioned in a book titled "They Passed this Way." Aparently the book was written by a local historian some years ago. How accurate his sources were is speculative.

He says that there are remnants of an old bridge there but, he doesn't know anything about its age.

At the very least, this gentleman has opened up nearly a mile of rivers edge for me to detect on. There has to be something on that property. I can't wait to spend a few days there before the mosquitos, copperheads, and cottonmouths become active. Not to mention the fine crop of poison ivy, sumac, and oak that we have in this part of the state.

When ever I get out there I will post the results.

Yup, I lived near King's Mountain, NC for several years......site of a big battle back then.......left my MD back in Texas, though...

Dusty

Back
Top Bottom